Cron-based rules not firing

I have a time-based Holiday rule that worked last year (as far as I remember)

rule "Patio Lights on"
       when Time cron "0 18 19 * DEC,JAN ?"		
    then
	  logError("Holiday.rules", "time for lights on!")
	  sendCommand(PatioLights, ON)
	  sendCommand(PostLightHoliday, ON)
	  sendCommand(SidewalkHoliday, ON)
	  sendCommand(GarageHolidayLights, ON)
   end

When I edit the .rules file, I get a message in openhab.log that suggest the update is recoginized:

2017-11-26 19:16:56.172 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'Holiday.rules'
2017-11-26 19:16:56.196 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Refreshing model 'Holiday.rules'

but I never get any suggestion that the rule actually fires. I added logError (and have been adjusting the time as I test), but I’m stuck where to look next. I don’t remember when I upgrade from OH 1 to 2, it may have been after last season.

Other rules, based on commands and item updates, work as expected.

Openhab 2.0.0 build #679 (via Docker) on Fedora 24 on Intel hardware (CPU0: Intel(R) Core™ i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz)

I’m working around this via a crontab entry until I can get OH2 to handle it.

The way I’m reading it, that rule will only fire in Dec and Jan, correct? It’s still only November. :slightly_smiling_face:

D’oh! You mean it’s not December yet?
: Embarrassed:

Christmas lighting isn’t supposed to go on before December, isn’t it. So you were correct all the time.:wink:

Just read this thread and I had an idea:
start for christmas lights will be through Advent (from the week before 1st Advent) to end of Christmas, which is “Mariä Lichtmess” (2nd February) in former times.

Maybe it will be a variant to calculate 1st Advent by rule:

and set an item on Monday before 1st Advent.

Within the Christmas Lights rule you query if today is between the start date (Monday before 1st Advent) and the end date (2nd February or 6th January) and then you turn on the Christmas lights.

For this you should Trigger the rule from November to February (or January) every evening…

So you will never miss the beginning and the end of the season…

Andreas