CUL communication to S300TH

fs20
cul
s300th
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fe05f8ad378> #<Tag:0x00007fe05f8ad008> #<Tag:0x00007fe05f8acba8>

(Paul) #1

Hello There!
Im just trying to migrate from FHEM and i have some serious difficulties with my SLOWRF (FS20, S300TH) communication over my “old” COC module from Busware.
My coc (cul on serial interface of Raspberry) is sitting on a raspberry 3b+ and is visible on ttyAMA0.
I was able to download the firmware 1.66 from busware within the openhabian image. (so communication should be ok)
I also added a script to release the reset pin at system startup (yellow LED is flashing now).
I tried many suggestions of the forum, none worked.
I have tried the stable openhab and i am currently testing with the 2.5.0M1-1 version.
I installed the fs20 binding and manually the s300th binding and created items for temperature and switches like in some examples.
But it seems, i have absolute no communication with my cul.
Regarding the s300TH binding, i get the following error:



2019-02-08 01:01:37.483 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.fs20            ] - ServiceEvent REGISTERED - {org.openhab.model.item.binding.BindingConfigReader, org.openhab.binding.fs20.FS20BindingProvider}={service.id=417, service.bundleid=244, service.scope=bundle, component.name=org.openhab.binding.fs20.genericbindingprovider, component.id=273} - org.openhab.binding.fs20
2019-02-08 01:01:37.496 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.fs20            ] - BundleEvent STARTED - org.openhab.binding.fs20
2019-02-08 01:01:37.598 [WARN ] [io.transport.cul.CULLifecycleManager] - CUL config is NULL, doing nothing
2019-02-08 01:01:37.739 [DEBUG] [internal.serial.CULSerialHandlerImpl] - Adding serial port event listener
2019-02-08 01:01:37.759 [DEBUG] [io.transport.cul.internal.CULManager] - Trying to open device serial:/dev/ttyAMA0 in mode SLOW_RF
2019-02-08 01:01:37.762 [DEBUG] [io.transport.cul.internal.CULManager] - Device serial:/dev/ttyAMA0 is already open in mode SLOW_RF, returning already openend handler
2019-02-08 01:01:37.808 [ERROR] [org.apache.felix.configadmin        ] - [org.osgi.service.event.EventHandler, org.osgi.service.cm.ManagedService, id=425, bundle=248/file:/usr/share/openhab2/addons/org.openhab.binding.s300th-1.8.3.jar]: Unexpected problem updating configuration org.openhab.s300th
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/openhab/io/transport/cul/CULManager
        at org.openhab.binding.s300th.internal.S300THBinding.openCUL(S300THBinding.java:82) ~[?:?]
        at org.openhab.binding.s300th.internal.S300THBinding.setNewDeviceName(S300THBinding.java:77) ~[?:?]
        at org.openhab.binding.s300th.internal.S300THBinding.updated(S300THBinding.java:149) ~[?:?]
        at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.helper.ManagedServiceTracker.updated(ManagedServiceTracker.java:189) ~[9:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.9.4]
        at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.helper.ManagedServiceTracker.updateService(ManagedServiceTracker.java:152) [9:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.9.4]
        at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.helper.ManagedServiceTracker.provideConfiguration(ManagedServiceTracker.java:85) [9:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.9.4]
        at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.ConfigurationManager$ManagedServiceUpdate.provide(ConfigurationManager.java:1102) [9:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.9.4]
        at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.ConfigurationManager$ManagedServiceUpdate.run(ConfigurationManager.java:1058) [9:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.9.4]
        at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.UpdateThread.run0(UpdateThread.java:138) [9:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.9.4]
        at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.UpdateThread.run(UpdateThread.java:105) [9:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.9.4]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.openhab.io.transport.cul.CULManager cannot be found by org.openhab.binding.s300th_1.8.3"

Does anyone have a clue or can give me a hint where to look at ?
Thanks!
Greetings,
Paul


(Paul) #2

…ok, i made some progress:

  1. My COC module is not talking to me, trying a CUL did solve this, now there is data incoming from different weather sensors…
  2. Updating S300TH binding to the latest snapshot 1.14.0 made the trick to get rid of the java error.
    Definitely you need the io.transport.cul binding, but this has some other dependencies too, the easiest way is to install the intertechno binding with the paper ui.
    Also important: activation of the compatibility layer for openhab1 addons/bindings.
    So now, my S300TH sensors show up in the eventlog, i will continue learning how to make nice diagrams…
    The COC issue i think is not openhab related, i will first double check the UART remapping…