Curl command not working - Particle Photon API

Hello, i am trying to send a curl command using the executeCommandLine function in a rule and am having issues. I also tried using the exec binding with no luck. I have curl working to my roku via executeCommandLine, so i can confirm that curl itself is working. I get syntax errors galore when trying either the rule or via the exec binding. The following is the actual curl command i am attempting:

c:/curl/curl https://api.particle.io/v1/devices/mydeviceidalphanumeric/devicename \ -d access_token=mydevicetokenalphanumeric \ -d params=myfunction

Thanks for the help,
Travis

For a workaround, i created a .bat file with the contents of the curl comand above and am running via executeCommandLine. It would still be nice to understand the syntax for sending running the curl command directly.

Thanks,
Travis

Have you tried using sendHttpPostRequest in a rule? It’ll be less overhead than running a subprocess.

Here’s the Java definition, so you can see the parameters to use when putting it into a Rule, and there’s an example at the bottom of my SEG Rule

Thanks for the response. I have tried multiple times with different syntax and cannot seem to get it right. This is a bit beyond my knowledge/experience level. The .bat approach works. I have found another issue when trying to query the state of a variable on the particle photon. I ended up using IFTTT which is also not working correctly either. I am using IFTTT to monitor for 0 or 1 state on the particle photon pin 1 and IFTTT seems to fire both rules no matter what, sending both a ON and OFF to openhab. I have monitored the variable directly on the photon and it is not flapping, as i am using pulldown on it. I also set the rule to monitor for 2, which is invalid, and it is firing as well. I have emailed IFTTT for support.

I would like to throw a Particle Photon api binding in the request bucket. This is a great little cheap wifi enabled programmable board and quite usefull. A proper binding into openhab would make it the sweetest.

Thanks,
Travis

For records sake, I quit receiving updates from IFTTT on the issue and have therefore moved to using MQTT for updates from the Photon to my MQTT server. This is working well. I find this preferred anyways as I no longer have to depend on a IFTTT/cloud service.