Custom Widget: Ecobee thermostat

Hi @Nodiaque,

It looks like you branched off @Signal11’s original work, but since then he updated a version and I built upon that.

I attempted to do something similar to you, do you want to try and merge them into one solution?

Sure, I didn’t found it in the widget gallery so that’s why I started from that. You should add the tag in the post so we can see it in the gallery

I think this post already has a widgetgallery tag, do I have to add it to my reply somehow?

To be honest I don’t know how this tagging work for the gallery, I just read fast on how it work

Do you have a thread for that? Even my version doesn’t show, you could start a new thread

I think it links only to the original post.
Looks like its up to @Signal11 to update his post with the latest version

-SergeD

Well, we could also fork into a new thread with our version? I’ll have to check yours, unsure what you did yet (haven’t had time to check it)

Can you attach the widget file with your reply so I can download it and set it up?

Here is a link to my version (build on @Signal11’s 2nd version)

Here is a link to @Nodiaque’s version (built on @Signal11’s 1st version)

1 Like

Thanks Man!! Got it working

What I’ll work on next is to have fan control and profile like on the ecobee. I’m still unsure if I want that directly on the widget itself or different item. I also want the ability to add other remote sensor and list them when clicking on the widget. I just have much HTML learning to do, haven’t done that since before CSS existed.

I also got to learn how to use a checkbox settings in the ngif condition

I’m working on a quick settings widget to be able to set any of the custom
climates you have created

-SergeD

I have been away from the site for a while, so I’m sorry for any delay in my response. I just downloaded the fix by @RedOranges and it works for me using Fahrenheit as well, so I would suggest everyone use that. Great fix, and I will update the top of this post with that version.

In addition, I would also like to add that I hereby grant permission to anyone to modify, reuse, or incorporate all or any part of any widget I have added to the site for any purpose, whether related to the original widget or not. If people find bugs, feel free to fix them, and create a new thread with any improved version. If you want, you can give me credit, or not, for any parts of any code you re-use, but don’t let a lack of response from me stop anyone from using parts of widgets that work when making anything new.

1 Like

Hi @Signal11 I have an updated version of the widget that will allow multiple remote sensors.

Ecobee.widget.json (16.5 KB)

All you have to do is add more items under the gRemoteSensors group just as you already have and it will work.

Group gRemoteSensors (All)

/* remote sensor named Office connected to an ecobee3 with ID 123456789012 */
Number ecobee_office_temperature "Office [%.1f °F]" (gRemoteSensors) { ecobee="<[123456789012#remoteSensors(Office).capability(temperature).value]" }
Switch ecobee_office_occupancy "Ecobee Office Occupied [%s]"           (gRemoteSensors) { ecobee="<[123456789012#remoteSensors(Office).capability(occupancy).value]" }
Number ecobee_bedroom_temperature "Bedroom [%.1f °F]" (gRemoteSensors) { ecobee="<[123456789012#remoteSensors(Bedroom).capability(temperature).value]" }
Switch ecobee_bedroom_occupancy "Ecobee Bedroom Occupied [%s]"           (gRemoteSensors) { ecobee="<[123456789012#remoteSensors(Bedroom).capability(occupancy).value]" }

Note, for some reason I can’t get the item’s state presentation so the line displayed will be a combination of the temperature items name and the actual temperature

Also I fixed the significant digits for °C when holding.

I have been working on learning OpenHAB and this is my first widget. I worked off of the existing one and this is what I have come up with. I will post all code for reference as well. Try it out and let me know what you think.

It uses the same rule file as the existing widget and the same item names as well. With the addition of the ecobee_name item and some internal widget settings that have to be made prior to the control rendering correctly.

This is a comparison of the off Mode:
EcobeeOff

Comparison of sensors, I have moved the sensor data into a menu.
EcobeeSensors

Comparison of scaling, I modified the sliders to scale with the height of the control.
EcobeeScaling

Comparison of hold mode information, changed to more closely match the ecobee interface.
EcobeeHold

I have moved the HVAC Mode select into its own interface dialog.
EcobeeHVACSelect

Comparison of Auto mode, I combined the two sliders to overlap and use the floor and ceiling variables for each of the cooling and heating sliders.
EcobeeAutoHVAC

Here is the image file to put into conf/html/ecobee for the cancel hold dialog:
cancel

Here is the JSON file for the widget to import.
Ecobee3.widget (1).json (16.0 KB)

2 Likes

This looks great.
I haven’t switched to it yet because I want the remote sensors visible all the time myself, I’ll (hopefully) make a separate widget for sensors when I have a chance so I can upgrade to this.

@Signal11 had previously mentioned he won’t be getting around quickly to update the widget, maybe best for you to fork this into a new thread and post your alternate version so people can use it through the widget gallery?

Change made to widget: option to show sensor data on the main panel.

Ecobee3.widget.json (16.8 KB)

I will fork this version to a new thread once I have all the files compiled.

Is there anyone who has the icons for this widget? The download link no longer works.

Thanks!

I have an updated version of @Signal11’s widget I made that uses the same resources right now. You can try and grab mine or use my version of the widget instead:

1 Like

Thanks! I had actually found the fork shortly after I made this post, hence me trying to delete it. Didn’t realize it would take 4 days to delete. I’ll leave it up so others can see where to go. Thanks for maintaining the widget!