Daikin Binding compatible with BRP069A81?

Hi folks,

I’ve seen the Binding is for the wifi unit BRP072A42.

Is it also compatible with the other Daikin wifi unit BRP069A81?

https://www.daikin.it/it_it/cerca-prodotto/BRP069A81.html

Thanks for your support

Andrea

I have the same doubt.
I’m going to buy the daikin system with the wifi controller, but the BRP072A42 is deprecated and now what’s coming on the new machines is the BRP069A81.
Soon I will go to the Showroom of daikin Portugal in lisbon and I will see if I can test this model in openhab.
When I have news update the post.

Opendaikin 2.4 works with BRP069A81.
Put the jar from https://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/libs-pullrequest-local/org/openhab/binding/org.openhab.binding.opendaikin/2.4.0-SNAPSHOT/ in the addons folder and restart OpenHab 2.4.
@caffineehacker

I will check right now. I was also thinking IFTTT is another good option indeed.

Let’s try and come back with results :slight_smile:

Andrea

@fenderislife thanks :slight_smile:

Why opendaikin is not in the list? I see

binding-daikin - 2.5.0.SNAPSHOT

but not any opendaikin … why?

On the other hand, I have the latest version (openHAB 2.5.0~S1575-1 (Build #1575)), so I expect that will be the best option for me:

https://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/libs-pullrequest-local/org/openhab/binding/org.openhab.binding.opendaikin/2.5.0-SNAPSHOT/

It works perfectly. I just have this in my logs:

2019-08-12 15:32:27.843 [WARN ] [rnal.handler.OpenDaikinAcUnitHandler] - Received command of wrong type for thing 'opendaikin:ac_unit:attic_ac' on channel indoortemp
2019-08-12 15:32:27.842 [ERROR] [ome.core.thing.link.ThingLinkManager] - Exception occurred while informing handler: org.eclipse.smarthome.core.types.RefreshType cannot be cast to org.eclipse.smarthome.core.library.types.StringType
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.eclipse.smarthome.core.types.RefreshType cannot be cast to org.eclipse.smarthome.core.library.types.StringType
	at org.openhab.binding.opendaikin.internal.handler.OpenDaikinAcUnitHandler.handleCommandInternal(OpenDaikinAcUnitHandler.java:87) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.opendaikin.internal.handler.OpenDaikinAcUnitHandler.handleCommand(OpenDaikinAcUnitHandler.java:69) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler.channelLinked(BaseThingHandler.java:232) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.link.ThingLinkManager.lambda$0(ThingLinkManager.java:266) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]
2019-08-12 15:32:27.843 [ERROR] [ome.core.thing.link.ThingLinkManager] - Exception occurred while informing handler: org.eclipse.smarthome.core.types.RefreshType cannot be cast to org.eclipse.smarthome.core.library.types.StringType
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.eclipse.smarthome.core.types.RefreshType cannot be cast to org.eclipse.smarthome.core.library.types.StringType
	at org.openhab.binding.opendaikin.internal.handler.OpenDaikinAcUnitHandler.handleCommandInternal(OpenDaikinAcUnitHandler.java:93) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.opendaikin.internal.handler.OpenDaikinAcUnitHandler.handleCommand(OpenDaikinAcUnitHandler.java:69) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler.channelLinked(BaseThingHandler.java:232) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.link.ThingLinkManager.lambda$0(ThingLinkManager.java:266) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]
2019-08-12 15:32:27.843 [ERROR] [ome.core.thing.link.ThingLinkManager] - Exception occurred while informing handler: org.eclipse.smarthome.core.types.RefreshType cannot be cast to org.eclipse.smarthome.core.library.types.StringType
	at org.openhab.binding.opendaikin.internal.handler.OpenDaikinAcUnitHandler.handleCommandInternal(OpenDaikinAcUnitHandler.java:87) ~[?:?]
2019-08-12 15:32:27.840 [ERROR] [ome.core.thing.link.ThingLinkManager] - Exception occurred while informing handler: org.eclipse.smarthome.core.types.RefreshType cannot be cast to org.eclipse.smarthome.core.library.types.OnOffType
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.eclipse.smarthome.core.types.RefreshType cannot be cast to org.eclipse.smarthome.core.library.types.OnOffType
	at org.openhab.binding.opendaikin.internal.handler.OpenDaikinAcUnitHandler.handleCommandInternal(OpenDaikinAcUnitHandler.java:80) ~[?:?]

The daikin binding that is in the openhab 2.5 codebase was called ‘opendaikin’ whilst it was being developed. In getting the code added into the codebase, it was renamed to daikin. They’re essentially the same thing.

I have a current PR to enhance the daikin binding to support the BRP1B61 controller used in Australia.

@ariela are you able to test with binding-daikin - 2.5.0.SNAPSHOT

Guys, I’ve installed opendaikin from Market and it works perfectly. I see some strange logs, but it works.

I don’t know if the Daikin binding is compatible or not yet …

Hi @ariela if the opendaikin binding works, the daikin binding should too. Advantage of the daikin binding is that it’s in the openhab codebase and will be included in v2.5 (and supported)

hi @Paul_Smedley

removed opendaikin and tried Daikin Binding … it works like a charm.

I’ve just seen a couple of logs when I start OH:

2019-08-20 18:55:28.913 [WARN ] [internal.handler.DaikinAcUnitHandler] - Received command of wrong type for thing 'daikin:ac_unit:attic_ac' on channel power
2019-08-20 18:55:28.920 [WARN ] [internal.handler.DaikinAcUnitHandler] - Received command of wrong type for thing 'daikin:ac_unit:attic_ac' on channel settemp
2019-08-20 18:55:28.924 [WARN ] [internal.handler.DaikinAcUnitHandler] - Received command of wrong type for thing 'daikin:ac_unit:attic_ac' on channel indoortemp
2019-08-20 18:55:28.932 [WARN ] [internal.handler.DaikinAcUnitHandler] - Received command of wrong type for thing 'daikin:ac_unit:attic_ac' on channel mode
2019-08-20 18:55:28.935 [WARN ] [internal.handler.DaikinAcUnitHandler] - Received command of wrong type for thing 'daikin:ac_unit:attic_ac' on channel fanspeed

Is that something we can clean somehow?

thanks
Andrea

Hi Andrea,

I’ll move those log messages from info level to debug when I next look at the code.

Cheers,

Paul

1 Like

@Paul_Smedley I’m experiencing a lot of delay between when I press the button on my sitemap to switch on eg. the Daikin, and when in fact the Daikin receive the command (I see in the web interface of the dongle wifi). I need to press the button multiple times. The same for changing the speed of the fan.

On the other hand the Setpoint to change the temperature seems not working correctly. here my item:

Number:Temperature Daikin_Attic_ACSetPoint "AC Setpoint [%d]" (gSF_Hallway) { channel="daikin:ac_unit:attic_ac:settemp" }

Any suggestion?
Andrea

Hi @ariela logs might help. Here, which I push a button in the OpenHAB app the command is received almost instantaneously.

SetPoint worked correctly with the opendaikin binding?

ciao @Paul_Smedley

the binding is working very good, thank you. I’m just seeing some annoying messages in my logs:

2019-10-23 11:26:35.763 [WARN ] [internal.handler.DaikinAcUnitHandler] - Received command of wrong type for thing 'daikin:ac_unit:attic_ac' on channel power
2019-10-23 11:26:35.764 [WARN ] [internal.handler.DaikinAcUnitHandler] - Received command of wrong type for thing 'daikin:ac_unit:attic_ac' on channel settemp
2019-10-23 11:26:35.764 [WARN ] [internal.handler.DaikinAcUnitHandler] - Received command of wrong type for thing 'daikin:ac_unit:attic_ac' on channel indoortemp
2019-10-23 11:26:35.924 [WARN ] [internal.handler.DaikinAcUnitHandler] - Received command of wrong type for thing 'daikin:ac_unit:attic_ac' on channel mode
2019-10-23 11:26:36.366 [WARN ] [internal.handler.DaikinAcUnitHandler] - Received command of wrong type for thing 'daikin:ac_unit:attic_ac' on channel fanspeed

what is it exactly?

thanks
Andrea

Hi @ariela it’s a warning from the code - this is fixed in git, and shouldn’t be present in the version of the binding that’s included in Milestone 3 or above.

Cheers,

Paul

1 Like

Hello, anyone know if this is compatible with BRP069B45 ?
Thanks

Not 100% certain, but the current binding has similar support to the one that’s in Home Assistant, and the 45 variant is listed at https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/daikin/

Hello Paul,
It seems that is working, just tested

Thanks