Daikin Binding reset values from rule

As I am having issues to get my Daikin airco to work with the homekit thermostat functionality i wanted to implement a workaround where I could have an item to activate the fan or the airco at a fixed temp. For this I created items sFan and sAirco which I can call from homekit. I than created a rule that defines the parameters for these when the item is activated. This works fine and I see in the openHab app that the rule is setting the parameters however the binding is overwriting the parameters with the current ones after 2-3 seconds. So if the airco is off and is set Fan and I turn it on with Cool at 25C, the values are displayed in the openHab app for 2-3 sec and than it reverts to Fan. In the Daikin app nothing changes at all so the values are never pushed to the Daiking airco. When I use the app or paperUI everything works fine when I select values in the UI, the binding pushes it to the airco. However when I use rules, the binding is not pushing anything.

I am a bit lost on how to debug this. Am i using the wrong method to update the values?

I am using the Daikin binding from @caffineehacker from this topic [Solved] OH2 - Daikin Binding Unknown wireless control state: dmnd_run = 0

//Daikin Slaapkamer 
Switch SPower     "Power"                                                             { channel="opendaikin:ac_unit:192_168_0_168:power" }
Number SSetTemp   "Set Temp[%s °C]"       <temperature>                               { channel="opendaikin:ac_unit:192_168_0_168:settemp" }
Number SInTemp    "sIndoor Temp[%s °C]"    <temperature>      [ "CurrentTemperature" ] { channel="opendaikin:ac_unit:192_168_0_168:indoortemp" }
Number SOutTemp   "Outdoor Temp"          <temperature>                               { channel="opendaikin:ac_unit:192_168_0_168:outdoortemp" }
Number SHumidity  "Humidity"                                                          { channel="opendaikin:ac_unit:192_168_0_168:humidity" }
String SMode      "Mode"                  <heating>                                   { channel="opendaikin:ac_unit:192_168_0_168:mode" }
String SFanS      "Fan Speed"             <qualityofservice>                          { channel="opendaikin:ac_unit:192_168_0_168:fanspeed" }
String SFanD      "Fan Direction"                                                     { channel="opendaikin:ac_unit:192_168_0_168:fandir" }
Switch DaikinVisibility2                                                              
Switch sFan       "Slaapkamer Ventilator"                     [ "Switchable" ] 
Switch sAirco     "Slaapkamer Airco"                          [ "Switchable" ]

Sitemap:

Frame label="Slaapkamer" icon="climate" 
		 {

Switch    item= SPower label="On/Off"
              Setpoint  item= SSetTemp minValue=20 maxValue=25 step=1  visibility=[DaikinVisibility2==ON]
              Selection item= SMode mappings=["AUTO"="Auto", "DEHUMIDIFIER"="Dehumidifier", "COLD"="Cold", "HEAT"="Heat", "FAN"="Fan"] visibility=[SPower==ON]
              Selection item= SFanS label="Fan" mappings=["AUTO"="Auto", "SILENCE"="Silence", "LEVEL_1"="Level 1", "LEVEL_2"="Level 2", "LEVEL_3"="Level 3", "LEVEL_4"="Level 4", "LEVEL_5"="Level 5"] visibility=[SPower==ON]
              Text item= SInTemp
              Text item= SOutTemp
		 }  

Rule:

rule "Set Slaapkamer Ventilator ON"
when
     Item sFan changed from OFF to ON
then  
       {
       sAirco.sendCommand(OFF)
       SPower.sendCommand(ON) 
       Thread::sleep(100)   
       SMode.postUpdate('FAN')
       }
end 

rule "Set Slaapkamer Airco 25C"
when
     Item sAirco changed from OFF to ON
then  
       {
        sFan.sendCommand(OFF)
        SPower.sendCommand(ON)        
        SMode.postUpdate('COLD')
        SSetTemp.postUpdate('24')
        SFanS.postUpdate('AUTO')
       }
end  
when
then  
    sFan.sendCommand(OFF)
    SPower.sendCommand(ON)        
    SMode.postUpdate("COLD")
    SSetTemp.postUpdate(24)
    SFanS.postUpdate("AUTO")
end

To send instructions to hardware with a binding you must use sendCommand
postUpdate will only update the value in OH. The a few seconds later, the binding will get the actual value from your hardware and update your tiem. Exactly the bevaviour you described:

when
then  
    sFan.sendCommand(OFF)
    SPower.sendCommand(ON)        
    SMode.sendCommand("COLD")
    SSetTemp.sendCommand(24)
    SFanS.sendCommand("AUTO")
end