Daikin Onecta (Cloud) Binding [4.0.0.0;5.0.0.0)

Oh… tell me about it… I log everything where stuff may fail with DEBUG and I also log in TRACE a whole HEX packets… :smiley:

Would it work if I update just the Java on OH3? Or does this kill OH3?

If you mean updating to Java 17, yes, openHAB 3 does not support that Java version.
There are also some code changes preventing bindings to be backward compatible.

1 Like

Thanks Hans for answering the question.

As soon as OH 4 becomes stable, I’ll start testing :star_struck:

Alexander, great engagement, thank you so much.
As soon as I am able to migrate my OH3 to OH 4 I will start testing and contribute. I cannot code but maybe help by testing with 2 Daikin Stylish (BRP069B4x) and one Daikin Emura (BRP069C4x). All three cloud connected using the Onecta App. The two Stylish are additionally connected to OH3 with the lokal Daikin binding.

Hi Peter, till your migration iam working on more functionality :wink:

2 Likes

Hi Alexander,
Many thanks for your work!! Very impressive!!
Works great with Daikin Emura 3.

One think: I have not changed anything in the settings, I have just added all channels to my model. If I call in my model “Equipment”, I can not change the settings such as setpoint, fan swing etc directly in my model. I have to go to the item itself to change the value of the item. Can this be changed by default?

Many thanks!

Hi Mario,
Good to hear you like the the Binding thanks for testing.
This was one of the first versions where a lot has to be done and yes it shows readonly data.

The good news is that I just published a new per-release with a new JAR.

This release gives more functionality and more data.

• power (updateable)
  • settemp (updateable)
  • indoortemp
  • outdoortemp
  • humidity
  • operationmode (updateable)
  • acunit-fan (updateable)
  • fandirhor (updateable)
  • fandirver (updateable)
  • fandir (updateable)
  • economode (updateable)
  • streamer (updateable)
  • holidaymode
  • demandcontrol (updateable)
  • consumption info Day, Week and Year (cooling and heating)

When using this you have to delete all current items and unit things. I regrouped the items

Gr Alexander

1 Like

Hi Mario,
Till now I could not find a solution how to make it possible to update a setting in the model.

Maybe someone in the group can give me a hint what I have to build in de binding to make this possible.

Thanks Alexander

Can you elaborate the problem you want to address ? I maybe can help.

Hi Gaël,

Thanks for responding. In the message of Mario he is facing the problem that he cannot change settings in the Equipment model. First you need to go to the Item and then it is possible to change it.
I dont know how to build this in my new binding. Is this a configuration in the binding ? or do I need to program something ?
I made a screen video Video I hope je the problem in clear ?

Thanks Alexander

Ok, I understand better now. At binding level there’s nothing you can do to change the behaviour of the UI due to its interpretation of the semantic tags. This may be an UI bug, and BTW thinking of it twice, I think a bug report has already been created on this.

Here it is : List Item Widget Command Options Read Only · Issue #1958 · openhab/openhab-webui · GitHub

Aha great, I did not think of this possibility that there could by a bug.
First thing I thought ‘I do something wrong’

Thanks helping me out.
Alexander

Hi Alex,
I just got time to test your latest .jar.

For me everything runs smooth and nice and actually I don’t really need any additional functionality (I just use the mode, temperatures, fanspeed and on/off :slight_smile: This binding is just great!

I noticed one thing that may need a bit of tweak… not sure how the commands get passed to the onecta service but maybe it worth’s to delay the send a little bit, i.e. create something like a debounce timer and not send immediately (I’m not sure how it’s implemented - haven’t checked the coding).
When you click the setpoints (for example from 25C to 23C) I noticed that the onecta gets updated to 24C first… then takes some time before it gets to 23C. If you implement something like a debounce maybe you can collect the input from the framework and send the final value in one shot.

It’s not a big deal as it works correctly but maybe it could be improved…Please let me know of your thoughts…

Cheers,
Konstantin

Hi Konstantin,

Thanks for the feedback and the debounce suggestion, thats a good one.
I build something like that: The Refresh delay, After you change an item the binding waits to refresh this item for x seconds. This prevents the item from being reset to the old value after an update and then adjusted to the new value. It seems to depend on the type of Diakin unit how much time this takes.

But your suggestion is a good one. First collect the commands and only send the commands with the final result.
I also need to do about the situaltion that you change the Mode e.g from cooling to heating, than the tempurature setings does not match until a next refresh.
And the error handling is not ready yet.

Cheers Alexander

Hello the binding looks perfect, however when I tried to used it and connect to my onecta account I received the following error :

Cannot invoke "org.openhab.binding.onecta.internal.api.dto.authentication.RespStep7SessionInfo.getLogin_token()" because the return value of "org.openhab.binding.onecta.internal.api.dto.authentication.RespStep7.getSessionInfo()" is null

Hi Clement,

I still have to do something with the error handling. But This indicates that there is something wrong with User (email) and password. I just tested it on my system.
Is your system registered in the Onecta App ?
Is there a trace log in the logging file ?

Gr Alexander

Hi, i am very interested in testing/using this binding… i already installed it and the bridge is conected. I have the lan adapter BRP069A61 and a “Daikin Altherma Bibloc Altherma Integrada LT” so where to find hthe unit ID of my altherma? What to do to integrate tjhe device? is not appearing in the inbox automatically…

Saludos,

Oliver