Danalock V3-BTZE not working in openHAB 3.1.0.M4

I do it this way but it fails always and I’m looking for where the issue can be. Also I need to remove the data from the stick by PC Controller software and reset the device. Will see by tomorrow. Now I run out from ideas. I moved back all into UI, it should work somehow if I will be lucky.

I don’t know what you mean by this?

You should exclude the device (you can use the OH UI) and then reset the device before starting the inclusion again. It needs to complete the key exchange within 15 seconds of the first inclusion after the reset or it will fail.

Exclusion had never worked for me with Habmin. Either I used only stick or I use Zwave PC Controller 5 software to set failed and remove it from the controller then reset the device. I do not know how to use the binding. Or what order I need to do. If I click on remove device from controller and set device to esclusion it does not work.

If the device is communicating, then you should use EXCLUSION - there is no need to set it to FAILED and then REMOVE. That is only needed for devices that are not communicating and I don’t think that is the case here?

These options do not seem to show the Exclude Devices option as far as I can see. I don’t know how this is generated and I don’t currently have a system configured so can’t check. @ysc might know how this gets generated.

To exclude a device, go to the controller, go to configuration, and then there should be an option called Exclude Devices - set this to true and save. Then you will have 30 seconds (or maybe 60 - I forget) to exclude the device.

Thanks! I try it this way.

So result is all the time the same it does not matter how I do it.
When I try to open or close this is the result:

2021-05-09 07:32:21.600 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 145: Command received zwave:device:d81afdcb64:node145:lock_door --> OFF [OnOffType]
2021-05-09 07:32:21.600 [WARN ] [nal.converter.ZWaveDoorLockConverter] - NODE 145: Command class COMMAND_CLASS_DOOR_LOCK not found
2021-05-09 07:32:21.600 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 145: No messages returned from converter

What I could find that the original XML contained this class, new one is not containing it.
Also in the old one secure=fase what means for me that inclusion migt be ok, but someting might be wrong during the thing creation. I upload the discovery resullt json before add the thing. Node33 is the original XML when the doorlock was working. Node145 is the new one.
Could you check these where the problem might be?
discovery_result.json (916 Bytes)
network_d8a23a12__node_33.xml (20.2 KB)
network_d8a23a12__node_145.xml (4.1 KB)
I also copied Node145 from actual JsonDb and Node 33 from original but it was OH2.5
Jasondb OH3 OH2.5.json (8.5 KB)

That’s because the device is not securely included. If the device is not securely included, then it will not advertise most of the features of the device.

The issue is that the device has not completed secure inclusion. I can’t really say why - only that without this, it won’t work. There hasn’t been any changes to the binding, so if this worked ok in the past, then it should work.

This option appears on the controller, not the other nodes:

There’s a special exception for the Z-Wave things in the code that will render the parameters in the “actions” group as buttons and remove them from the regular config sheet.

When clicking on a button it basically sets the parameter to true and saves the config:

I’m not aware of other things having actions as parameters with a special group name like the Z-Wave binding’s, if there are we can make this more generic.

1 Like

I do not know witch one of the steps was helpin, but now I could include securely and works.

May be Yannick advise about exclude steps helped to remove wrong inclusion from Openhab database. I was trying to use it but not exactly this way.
Many thanks for that!

I am confused. Do you have a zombie node stored on your controller or is there an error in secure inclusion instructions in the community supported database? Either way I doubt Yannick can help since I do not think he uses Z-Wave but just designed the UI.

Controller was cleaned up and lock was reset before all attemps. That’s why I guess exclusion with the UI insted of doing it direct on the controller helped to clean Openhab catch if there is. I do not know that deep of the binding. Surely I had to move controller back to UI, verify Secure Inclusion Mode setting of the contoller and I needed to do all other steps what was advised by You and Chris. So many thanks for that!

There is absolutely no link to the database relating to inclusion or exclusion. The inclusion process is simply between the controller and the device, and the key exchange (that is also known as the secure inclusion) is part of the binding, but has no link to the database.

Again, there is nothing to “clean” in openHAB.

Anyway, glad you got it working :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I do have a relatively smallish Z-Wave network (a dozen nodes or so) but it’s relatively stable and I haven’t included or excluded devices in a while.

1 Like

Sorry for the assumption. I had not heard you mention it previously. My network is small too.