Dashboard UI suitable for tablets

No, I haven’t seen this as it is working fine on my system. You will need to debug and see what messages are being sent to the dashing UI as it sounds as if something is telling dashing to turn off the button. Maybe have a look at the SSE server component, and trace there?

Hey thanks a lot Smar for the pointer. I think I figured it out. It was like my device eventhough it was just doing ON/OFF it was sending status 0 and 100 for it to OpenHAB also to the Dashing. I looked the Dashing code, it was not setup to handling 0/100 for the switches. So I made the changes in my device code to send ON, OFF the dashing UI status changes properly. Works great now…

I am trying to do the next step in the Github dashing link, which is auto load the dashing UI when motion is detected with Tasker and Motion Detector Apps. I couldnt get the detaild instructions though. Do you by any chance have the instructions or any link ? Appreciate your help on this as well.

Any updates on this? I’m considering buying the Dropcam Pro and would live to know if there’s a solution for this.

The only instructions are those on the github. What specifically are you getting stuck with? The way this works is:

1. Motion Detector (seperate stand alone app from the Play Store) detects motion and sends a trigger to Tasker
  2. Tasker has a profile that listens for triggers from Motion Detector. As soon as it receives a motion detected trigger, it turns the screen on and shows the dash ui.

The profile for Tasker is included in the github, so you won’t need to write it yourself - just import the profile into Tasker.

That should be it, not much else to it.

@poertner & @smar

I’ve recently set up some graphing and haven’t been able to find a way to include it in the dashboard; could either of you share a little more insight?

I haven’t used graphing in dashing, but saw that there is a graph widget. This seems to be based on the Rickshaw javascript library. This may a good starting point. If you are using something like Grafana (e.g. InfluxDB+Grafana persistence and graphing) then you have additional options:

1. Use an image widget in dashing, with the source of the image being a Grafana panel image url

2. As a dashboard is simply an HTML page, embed a Grafana image panel into your dashboard

Hope that helps.

I was hoping to just use rrd4j vs a full blown DB setup :frowning:

This was my last widgit attempt:

<div data-id="iframe01" data-view="Iframe" data-link="http://localhost:8080/chart?groups=gChart&period=4h/"></div>

I’m starting to think that dashing can’t load the URL/rrd4j into a widget, but wanted to check with others before giving up on it.

how did you get your widgets to align perfectly with the grid?

@AV_HomeAuto; like how you got all your widgets to fill the space, how did you achieve the fixed aspect ratio? i tried modifying the .scss files but that seems to achieve nothing. any help would be greatly appreciated

would you be so kind as to re-upload the temp widgets? the website says file not found. thanks

Sorry about that think I removed those after I migrated to OH2. I found a backup on my NAS hopefully they were the most recent ones. See if this link works.

great, many thanks. I also am in the process of testing OH2 but have not fully migrated yet as there are bindings that i need under OH 1.x that are essential to my operation and not yet compatible with OH2.

Hi Do you have any info on how to connect Britsh Gas Hive to OH2

I used the information from http://www.smartofthehome.com/2016/05/hive-rest-api-v6/ to put together some bash scripts to get data from Hive. I’m a bit tied up with work at the moment, but when I get some time, I’ll try to put together some simple instructions if you are still stuck (a number of people have privately PM’d me on this).

Thanks, must appreciated. as a matter of interest are you using any radiator thermostats linked to OH/Hive

Not at the moment, though I did buy some Honeywell thermostats which were ‘hackable’ - i.e. could add wireless connectivity etc. Again, I haven’t had enough time, and so these have been gathering dust…

I have put together a quick ‘how-to’ along with my scripts - Hive Thermostat (British Gas) Tutorial

Hope this helps!

Can I get some help with setting this dashboard up? I am running into a couple of issues that I am not sure how to resolve.

1. I am currently running Dashing and this Dashboard on an Ubuntu laptop as the server. I was able to install Ruby and Dashing successfully and am able to start the dashboard and view it locally with no issues by navigating to the local host ip port 3030. However, I am not able to view the dashboard from say a tablet or my other computers. I try to navigate to the Ubuntu’s ip port 3030 from my tablet and I get a site not found. Is there something else I need to setup so that other local pc’s or tablets can view the dashboard? Maybe a firewall issue on the Ubuntu server? I am running version 16.04.3 LTS. I am very unfamiliar with Ubuntu but if I can

2. When I enter my Openhab Host IP and port and start dashing, it gives me an error that it is unable to connect to that IP. Is there another setting that I am missing? I have followed the setup instructions to a T on the dashboard Github page including copying the Dashboard rules to my openhab rules folder and changing the AUTH_TOKEN. I have also ensured the Openhab security is set to EXTERNAL and set the IP range for local pcs to not have to use authentication.

To be honest I successfully able to set this up a year ago without these issues. But things changed and I had to re-purpose the Ubuntu server. So this is my 2nd attempt to hopefully have a permanent solution.

Any thoughts or ideas would be much appreciated.

Chris

It has been quite a while since I last looked at this, but I am guessing that there is a setting in your Dashing that is pointing to localhost (i.e. 127.0.0.1). If so, this should most likely be changed to 0.0.0.0, or your actual ubuntu server IP.

Have you looked at the official openHAB dashboard UI, HABPanel (https://community.openhab.org/c/apps-services/habpanel)? This is far far easier to install, is easily customisable, is much more developed and is better supported. I would recommend using HABPanel if you are setting up again from scratch.

I have seen HABPanel, I just like the look and feel of this dashboard more.
I still want to give it a go as I was successful before, but I won’t be at
my head against the wall trying to make it work. Thanks for the
recommendation.

Chris