Dashboard UI suitable for tablets

@apatel

I used all of the files in your zip without modification. I put your clickablewidget.coffee in place of the existing.

<li data-row="1" data-col="6" data-sizex="2" data-sizey="1">
  <div data-id="Light_GF_Great_Ceiling" data-view="Ohdimmer2" data-title="Great Room" data-device="Light_GF_Great_Ceiling"></div>
</li>

I don’t have any phillips hue lights so I can’t offer any advice there. I just started using a vera edge for my zwave needs. The MIOS openhab binding has been working quite well for me. You might want to give that a shot. The vera edge only costs $100. I was initially using the openhab zwave binding, but I gave up on it as the vera edge supports the doorlocks and scene controller keypads I want to use.

I do actually use this piece of software:

to make some of my openhab items look like phillips hue lights. It allows me to tie openhab items into both my harmony remote control and amazon echo voice commands. Fun stuff.

As of now I recommend getting a vera edge for your zwave needs, and a harmony hub for IR control. I truly hate including proprietary hardware/software in my solutions, but I haven’t been able to fulfill my needs without them so far…

How do you use dashing via chrome webapps?

Has anyone incorporated DropCam Pro into the dashboard to be able to view them live?

Now it works, thx!
I retyped everything (didn’t see a difference though) and instead of using Komodo Edit on Windows as my code editor I used nano on the Pi directly. Coffee script seems to be very picky :wink:

One problem remaining:

The ohmeter widget doesn’t update automatically at all…

ohmeter doesn’t update for me either. I see the clock updating, but the ohmeters only update after a page reload using F5.

That is one of the widgets that I had not tried out myself. Having had a very quick look at the widget just now, I can see that it isn’t properly defined for openHAB. As a minimum, we need to change the accessor ‘value’ to ‘state’ as that is the openHAB item property that is being sent. There may be other small tidy-ups necessary. If I get time, I’ll have a look in the next day or so.

Update: Have a look at the latest update to the widget on git. This seems to be updating correctly now.

in the coffeescript, can you please change

onData: (data) ->

to

onData: (data) ->
console.log(data)

then check chrome dev console to see if anything is coming through?

w/r/t zWave, I only have one zWave device, so the vera might be a bit of overkill.

w/r/t IR Control, i’m actually using this: http://www.irdroid.com/irdroid-wifi-version-3-0/

I’m not using the wifi capabilities, just have it connected to my LAN, and then send telnet commands to it from my dashboard via some simple uni-directional widgets. With it, i’m able to control my SamsungTV (newer model), Verizon FiOS STB and Martin Logan soundbar (volume only). It was a huge pain to set up, but works flawlessly now, so I just need to get around to designing a nice UI for it.

sorry, by chrome web app, i just meant a mobile web app, same the current dashboard.

ap

Tnx, it works now!
But I guess you also broke something:

The bottom change was not supposed to happen I guess.

That’s what happens when you rush! Should be correct now.

Thank you, it works now! :wink:
Looking at the changes you made, I understand better how the coffee files work, great!

I read this post and didn’t see anything about colorpicker… how do you do with RGB light ??

Hello,

I’ve been looking into changing https://github.com/openhab/openhab/tree/master/bundles/binding/org.openhab.binding.mios/examples/scripts into generating dashboards based on sitemaps. Have not come far at all (never used XSLT before) so figured I may as well give out the idea to the community.

Would be a great start for people that only would require tweaking - right?
Maybe someone else realises this idea :smile:

@Lockzi,
It may be easier to write it in Python (or other scripting language) since the source material (.sitemap) isn’t natively in XML. XLST could be coaxed into doing it but you’d be working uphill.

You would have to write your own widget to do this. As I do not use an RGB controller, it is not something I have looked at.

hey all!

I want to change the icon for some switches from the standard circle to an icon of what they switch e.g. TV, sound system… awesomefonts icons are Great :wink:

Do I have to clone the ohswitch widget for each icon then rename and edit it separately?

Or is it possible to define the icon name in the html file, if so – how would I do that?

cheers,
stefan

@torsteinsunde: I love your Ruter widget, could you please share the code with us?

Hi @poertner

You can easily change the icon by adding the property data-icon="<icon name>" into your widget list item in the dashboard, e.g.:

<li data-row="2" data-col="1" data-sizex="1" data-sizey="1">
      <div data-id="Light_GF_Playroom_Ceiling_1" data-icon="arrow-right" data-view="Ohswitch" data-title="Playroom Ceiling (F)" data-device="Light_GF_Playroom_Ceiling_1"></div>
 </li>

The above example replaces the normal circle of the switch widget with a right arrow. The arrow then changes colour in the normal way to represent on/off states.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

great, thx!!!

Hello, I am new to OpenHAB. First of all thanks to the community for the useful hints and the very good knowledgebase.
I have completely switched my home automation system from Indigodomo (OS X Yosemite) to OpenHAB (Rasperry Pi 2, Wheezy) during the last two weeks with Dashboard UI as the main interface to OpenHAB:

Thanks to smar for adapting this wonderful peace of software. I want to give back a little modification to the community, the Ohthermostat widget. I am using Homematic HM-CC-RT-DN radiator thermostats (with homegear/homematic binding) for heating. For this setting the Ohthermostat-widget, a modified Ohdimmer/Ohvolume-widget, lets you easy set the heating setpoint in a range from 4.5 (“Off”) to 25 deg C.
Example items definition in OpenHAB:
Number HK_Soll “Temperatur Soll [%.1f °C]” (gDashboard) homematic=“address=#######,channel=4,parameter=SET_TEMPERATURE”}
Example definition in *.erb:
…data-id=“HK_Soll” data-view=“Ohthermostat” data-title=“Solltemperatur” data-device=“HK_Soll”

Download: https://sync.coccius.net/index.php/s/mr5Ej6yqeTd0Jea

It is recommended to upgrade the “Font Awesome”-font in /path/to/dashboard/assets/fonts/ to the newest version.

The second modified widget is Ohwind, based on Ohtemp. It displays the value of wind speed from an Oregon Scientific anemometer using RFXCOM-binding in rounded km/h.

Download: https://sync.coccius.net/index.php/s/dFmUeUz2vwcVN8r

Greetings, Matthias

(Last edited on April 2nd 2017: - new download links, - new version of Ohthermostat (increased temp range: “Off” to 25 deg C )

Been fighting with this tonight, I can get dashing talking to Openhab, but the widgets will not update in realtime, I have to manually refresh the page to reflect changes…the items are in the gDashboard group…I am publishing MQTT to Mosquitto and using the MQTT addon in OpenHAB… items are updating fine on my sitemaps…any ideas?

Check that the dashboard rule is being triggered properly. You can use logInfo lines in the rule to see make sure that everything is being sent correctly. If this is ok, then try using curl to manually push a state to the dashboard. This will confirm whether or not your dashing rest api is accessible.