Deconz Binding Brightness Issue?

Hi

I’m using Tradfri Devices with Conbee Stick and therefore Deconz Binding for Openhab2 (see specs in the bottom of text).

A was experimenting a lot on how to change colors and brightness. I think, but I’m not sure because I’m not a Pro, that there might be a problem with the binding. The brightness scale in color goes from 0 to 100% but the effective brightness of the bulb only to about 50% - either triggered in rules (.sendCommand()) or with the controller in sitemap (color). When adjusting color and brightness in Phoscon App (native), brightness changes normally from 0 to 100%. It seems like the scales of binding and openhab are not tuned.

Is there an issue?

Thank you

Jan

Version of the Binding: 231 │ Active │ 80 │ 2.5.9 │ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: Dresden Elektronik d
Version of Openhab: openHAB 2.5.9-1 (Release Build)
Running on: Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster), Kernel = Linux 5.4.51-v7+, Platform = Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Rev 1.2

Conbee: 2.05.84 / 14.9.2020, FW 26390500, no extension cable, plugged directly into raspbi

Tradfri Bulbs:
Hersteller: IKEA of Sweden
Modell: TRÅDFRI Lampe E27 CWS opal 600lm
Version: 1.3.013

I am having some trouble with this same bulb. It worked on deconz and openHAB until both were updated.

Question for you in deconz phoscon control can you control white and color separate or do you only have color control?

Hi @Thedannymullen

In Phoscon, both color and color temp is shown, but only color is working - it’s not possible to switch to colortemp. I placed this issue/question at Dresden electronik support, but didn’t get an answer until now.

But, as I understood this: Tradfri color bulbs are not extendedcolorlights (separate leds for color and white temp) but ordinary colorlights where color temp ist simulated with color leds. Also when not configuring with thing and item files but automatic discovery in openhab, the bulb is recognized as a colorlight. But I just guess…

Jan

You are correct. From my research. They are not extended color lights. I did research on this topic with the deconz people. Tradfri looks to have two color bulbs. One might be extended color. You can tell by the internal id of the bulb. This is the reason for me asking the question. I am trying to determine if the other bulb exists.

I believe I saw the info on zigbee to mqtt they have bulbs documented.

The interesting item here is. I paired my bulb to the tradfri gateway. It is discovered as extended color and functions as an extended color. When paired with a hue gateway it is color only. When paired with deconz now it s color only but 6months ago it functioned as an extended color in Deconz. I actually recompiled deconz and forced the bulb to id as an extended color but that did not work. I also have two of these bulbs and different firmware versions behave differently as I have one bulb with one firmware and one with the latest.

As for brightness I can’t currently comment but I feel these two topics have some level of relationship. I have not started looking into resolving my issues with these bulbs again. But plan to sometime soon. Right now my focus has been on other projects. Eventually the mismatched colors and brightnesses will bug me enough to troubleshoot.

Hi @Thedannymullen

Would be great if someone can have a look at it. My possibilities are exhausted, I’m not able to change or recompile bindings. I can manage to write rules to a certain extend. I work normally with python and data… there fore I’m waiting for Openhab 3.0 - sounds that it could get easier for me with jython maybe.

Thanks a lot

Jan