[deCONZ] QBKG12LM Transmitter not detected "...ThingDiscoveryService] - Found light: lumi.ctrl_ln2.aq1 ... type UNKNOWN but no thing type defined for that type. This should be reported"

Hi, I have a Conbee II and an aquaria switch QBKG12LM, a 2 way switch (with mains connection and direct control of to lines L1 and L2).
It works fine in the Phoscon app, it creates the switch and 2 transmitters in the lights section. I can see the events and switch on and off the lights controlled directly by the switch.
In openHAB I get 3 things, a switch (which only reports the events) a power and a consumption thing, but there is no way to know if the light is actually switched on or off, or to switch it on and off.
I get this messages in the console when I put the deCONZ bundle in DEBUG level.

23:30:22.333 [DEBUG] [ernal.discovery.ThingDiscoveryService] - Found light: lumi.ctrl_ln2.aq1 (Luz trastero), type UNKNOWN but no thing type defined for that type. This should be reported.

23:30:22.334 [DEBUG] [ernal.discovery.ThingDiscoveryService] - Found light: lumi.ctrl_ln2.aq1 (Luz trastero 2), type UNKNOWN but no thing type defined for that type. This should be reported.

In the documentation and in the message says I should report it so here it is.

Please show how the light is reported in the REST API.

Hi, these are the 2 “lights”

"2": {
        "etag": "a639429d7fe40e6ced8f0e07c5eae318",
        "hascolor": false,
        "lastannounced": null,
        "lastseen": "2020-08-09T16:03:50Z",
        "manufacturername": "LUMI",
        "modelid": "lumi.ctrl_ln2.aq1",
        "name": "Luz trastero",
        "state": {
            "alert": "none",
            "on": false,
            "reachable": true
        },
        "swversion": "12-04-2019",
        "type": "Smart plug",
        "uniqueid": "00:15:8d:00:04:87:35:a5-01"
    },
    "3": {
        "etag": "a639429d7fe40e6ced8f0e07c5eae318",
        "hascolor": false,
        "lastannounced": null,
        "lastseen": "2020-08-09T16:03:50Z",
        "manufacturername": "LUMI",
        "modelid": "lumi.ctrl_ln2.aq1",
        "name": "Luz trastero 2",
        "state": {
            "alert": "none",
            "on": false,
            "reachable": true
        },
        "swversion": "12-04-2019",
        "type": "Smart plug",
        "uniqueid": "00:15:8d:00:04:87:35:a5-02"
    }

Thanks. I‘ll fix that.

2 Likes

Thanks

Please try if https://janessa.me/esh/org.openhab.binding.deconz-2.5.8-SNAPSHOT.jar fixes your problems.

Hi, I get the following error:
[ERROR] [org.openhab.binding.deconz ] - bundle org.openhab.binding.deconz:2.5.8.202008101428 (318)[org.openhab.binding.deconz.internal.DeconzHandlerFactory(295)] : Error during instantiation of the implementation object
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: argument type mismatch

Some warnings also
[WARN ] [ig.xml.osgi.XmlDocumentBundleTracker] - The XML document ‘/ESH-INF/thing/sensor-thing-types.xml’ in module ‘org.openhab.binding.deconz’ could not be parsed: Supported itemType for a ChannelType must not be empty. : Supported itemType for a ChannelType must not be empty.
---- Debugging information ----
message : Supported itemType for a ChannelType must not be empty.
cause-exception : java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
cause-message : Supported itemType for a ChannelType must not be empty.
class : org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.xml.internal.ChannelTypeXmlResult
required-type : org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.xml.internal.ChannelTypeXmlResult
converter-type : org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.xml.internal.ChannelTypeConverter
path : /thing-descriptions/channel-type[8]
line number : 124
class[1] : java.util.ArrayList
converter-type[1] : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.CollectionConverter
class[2] : org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.xml.internal.ThingDescriptionList
converter-type[2] : org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.xml.internal.ThingDescriptionConverter
version : not available

com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.ConversionException: Supported itemType for a ChannelType must not be empty. : Supported itemType for a ChannelType must not be empty.
---- Debugging information ----
message : Supported itemType for a ChannelType must not be empty.
cause-exception : java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
cause-message : Supported itemType for a ChannelType must not be empty.
class : org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.xml.internal.ChannelTypeXmlResult
required-type : org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.xml.internal.ChannelTypeXmlResult
converter-type : org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.xml.internal.ChannelTypeConverter
path : /thing-descriptions/channel-type[8]
line number : 124
class[1] : java.util.ArrayList
converter-type[1] : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.CollectionConverter
class[2] : org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.xml.internal.ThingDescriptionList
converter-type[2] : org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.xml.internal.ThingDescriptionConverter
version : not available

Oops.Updated. Please try again.

Hi, no errors or warnings now. The devices were still defined from the previous attempt and now I have the device offline anyway. I will test it this weekend and I will post here the results.
Thanks a lot.

I finished the electrical installation so the switch is back on-line.
It works. The rest of the devices I have also work with the snapshot plugin. I even added an extra water sensor and it also worked.
No warnings or errors.

Thanks!!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.