Designer - Rules problem

Hi there,

I’m a relative beginner with Openhab, I did my first configs/rules at the beginning of the year, but have left it since around March due to a whole host of other things going on.

Anyway, I picked it up again at the weekend, and am setting about migrating some of the RFXCOM & lightwave configurations from my vera lite. I’ve hit a problem with items not being recognised/defined by Designer.

I’ve commented on another thread(1) about one of the instances, but having tried to look at the issue tonight with some pre-existing rules, I’ve got another list of errors reported by Designer, trigger by simply editing the file.

These rules have been working reliably for months, so I’m struggling to work out why they would suddenly cause errors.

• Windows 10
  • Openhab 1.7.1 (Latest download on 20th Sept)
  • Openhab Designer 1.7.1 (latest download on 20th Sept)
    C:>java -version
    java version “1.8.0_60”
    Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_60-b27)
    Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.60-b23, mixed mode)

Cheers
James
1- Update Switch for RFXCOM

(trying to upload screenshot & items/rules but get “Sorry, some error has occurred”)

Items

Switch    Light_GF_LoungeLamps    { milight="lounge;0" }
Dimmer    Light_GF_LoungeB        { milight="lounge;2;brightness" }
Dimmer    Light_GF_LoungeC        { milight="lounge;2;colorTemperature" }

Rule (up until it errors)

import org.openhab.core.library.types.*
import org.openhab.core.persistence.*
import org.openhab.model.script.actions.*

rule "Lounge Moods"
when
    Item Light_GF_Lounge_Mood received command
then
    logInfo("house","Lounge Moods start")
    logInfo("house","Mood: " + Light_GF_Lounge_Mood.state )

screenshot of designer:

Anyone, please?

I wondered if it maybe a classpath issue, but having checked that, it seems designer uses the jre installed in it’s root directory anyway…

Still at a complete loss, any help much appreciated.

Thanks
James

Looks similar to a previous issue, ticket raised:

In the cases where you’re glueing together strings for logging purposes, what happens if you change the .state references into .state.toString

I’m assuming the rule itself works, it’s just that the Designer is reporting/showing an issue with the syntax. If so, then there are other threads where the Designer doesn’t like valid that work at runtime and I wouldn’t overly worry about it.

I’ve got the same issue in my openhab designer. JvmType Timer isn’t valid.

1 Like