Devices gone from z-wave database

I am running openHAB 3.1.0-1 (Release Build) and noticed the following error in the log:

Device discovery could not resolve to a thingType!

for one of my z-wave devices (MCOHome A8-9 Multi-purpose sensor). Turns out that the device is removed from the binding database. After investigating on GitHub I traced the issue down to database update #1616 pull request merged on June 9. I noticed the following devices were deleted:

src/main/resources/OH-INF/thing/aeotec/zwa005_0_0.xml
src/main/resources/OH-INF/thing/elexa/dmwv1_0_0.xml
src/main/resources/OH-INF/thing/greenwave/gwpn5_0_0.xml
src/main/resources/OH-INF/thing/honeywell/th6320zw_0_0.xml
src/main/resources/OH-INF/thing/mcohome/a8co2_0_0.xml
src/main/resources/OH-INF/thing/vda/vitrumscenario_0_0.xml

I sincerely hope this was unintentional. When I look at the database for the affected device it appears as if there has been an issue with the database as the device is shown as “modified” whilst there were no recent edits.

Long story short…would be nice to have it back in the binding database :grinning:. Please let me know if there is anything I can do.

If people edit the database, then devices are unfortunately not exported. Once they are approved again, they get exported again.

Thank you for the quick reply, really appreciated.

Seems someone added an association group “for testing”. I corrected the database entry and “requested a review” to get the “a8co2” approved again. Thx again!

Thanks. I’ve approved this and will do a database export later when I get home from work (so EU morning).

1 Like