HomeHabit Dashboard - Original thread

… rPi3 plus Raspberry touch panel…
I use the Pendo at present.

Whoever had issues with the latest OH2-SNAPSHOT: new release is rolling out right now that has the required change.

2 Likes

Hi igor

Will you approve me in Google now ?

I don’t see any pending requests. Message me your G+ email, I will invite you directly.

@jamestab invite has been sent

Release 0.24
Release Notes

Experimental

• Support for item updates through MQTT. Should be especially useful for users who have issues with live updates in OH1.

Fixes

• Number of crash fixes

1 Like

@ubergeek Seeing as you also seem to have a Hikvision cam, may I ask if you are still using this widget set-up?

If I enter this

Frame label="Uthyrningsentre {widget:camera}" {
	Video url="http://name:pass@10.1.200.19/Streaming/channels/1/preview" encoding="mjpeg"
}

… I don’t get any picture. Putting the exact same url into vlc gives me a mjpeg @704x576 4:2:0 YUV full scale.

I also don’t get the label text. :confused:

Release 0.25
Release Notes

Fixes

• Pin secured widgets do not perform action after pin is verified #169
• Window Sensor widget does not accept switch item #174
• More clarity in last location report status #155
• Pin dialog doesn’t fit on smaller screens in landscape mode #113
• Crash fix after rotation while pin dialog is open

Yeah! That’s it! I had to include /rest/items/ to location name, now it works like a charm.

I want to install rotini on the phone of my wife too. Can I run it on Android 4 or only 5 and above?

Can I install it copying rotini setup file to her phone or do I need to make a Google+ invitation for her too?

:thumbsup:

Android 4.4 and above is supported.

You would need G+ invite for her account as well.

Just configured this on my setup yesterday and it’s awesome.

However:
1:
My rollershutters are not zwave controlled, but are instead based on 433 MHz system. That means i have no information regarding the position of shutters.

Now here’s my problem: If my shutters are open half way, using the window-blinds binding i can’t select whether i want to close them or open them, but can either close them if the widget thinks they’re open or vicevresa.

I would love to see an expansion of the window-blinds binding for those of us with “dumb” rollershutter systems. Currenty i solved this with the scene widget (configuring up, down and stop) but would love to have this widget in 1x1 with up down and stop button.

2:
Would it be possible to expand the configuration options for the scene widget as to configure whether to show or hide the selected scene name at the bottom of the widget? Because the widget will show N/A if the selected scene is not configured for the widget and sometimes you just dont’t want to have all the possible scenes in all the scene widgets (i.e. i want to see only certain scene options in certain parts of the house).

3:
Placeholders/empty tiles - i would be great to have an empty widget to simply put an empty space in certain locations on the screen to help with laying out the widgets? Or is there another way i missed?

Anyway @igor - AWESOME work and thank you for allowing me to be a part of testing.

It would be a good thing for rollershutter widget, maybe like dimmer widget. If you press the widget, another windows opens and there should be up/down arrows.

I have some dimmer widgets for my blinds. So i can set absolute position and do not have to wait till blind is in right position and the press stop button. I can set maybe 50% and blind opens half. Same thing with lamella angel.

1 Like

Another thing regarding the light dimmer widget:
i noticed that it is sending commands too fast and can therefore overwhelm the hue hub.
e.g. i opened the dimmer widget for one of my HUE lights and played around a bit. result:
2016-08-29 20:48:33 - Light_2_B received command 24 2016-08-29 20:48:34 - Light_2_B received command 89 2016-08-29 20:48:36 - Light_2_B received command 81 2016-08-29 20:48:37 - Light_2_B received command 80 2016-08-29 20:48:37 - Light_2_B received command 79 2016-08-29 20:48:37 - Light_2_B received command 68 2016-08-29 20:48:37 - Light_2_B received command 67 2016-08-29 20:48:37 - Light_2_B received command 65 2016-08-29 20:48:37 - Light_2_B received command 63 2016-08-29 20:48:38 - Light_2_B received command 62 2016-08-29 20:48:38 - Light_2_B received command 61 2016-08-29 20:48:38 - Light_2_B state updated to 62 2016-08-29 20:48:40 - Light_2_B received command 62 2016-08-29 20:48:40 - Light_2_B received command 61 2016-08-29 20:48:40 - Light_2_B received command 60 2016-08-29 20:48:41 - Light_2_B received command 59 2016-08-29 20:48:41 - Light_2_B received command 57 2016-08-29 20:48:41 - Light_2_B received command 56 2016-08-29 20:48:41 - Light_2_B received command 52 2016-08-29 20:48:41 - Light_2_B received command 49 2016-08-29 20:48:41 - Light_2_B received command 46 2016-08-29 20:48:41 - Light_2_B received command 45 2016-08-29 20:48:41 - Light_2_B received command 43 2016-08-29 20:48:42 - Light_2_B received command 42 2016-08-29 20:48:42 - Light_2_B received command 41
that is 25 commands in 10 seconds. i think the widget should have some sort of limit or only send command when user lifts the finger.

Also i think it would be nice if you could simply tam in the middle of the circle (where the percentage is shown) to turn on or off the light. this way use could achieve bot dimming and switching the light in single widget if needed and thus save space.

can anyone please explain what is the purpose of the step=20 ?

Also:
what is the difference between:
Frame label="Dimmer {widget:light-dimmer}" { Setpoint item=Light_2_B step=30 }
and
Frame label="Dimmer {widget:light-dimmer}" { Slider item=Light_2_B }?

1 Like

I would like to use the weather widget, but it does not show the correct conditions :frowning:

.sitemap

Frame label="{widget:weather-forecast}" {
      Text item=Condition label="{item:day0-condition}"
      Text item=Weather_Temp_Max label="{item:day0-temperature-high}"
      Text item=Weather_Temp_Min label="{item:day0-temperature-low}"
      Text item=Condition_1 label="{item:day1-condition}"
      Text item=Temp_Max_1 label="{item:day1-temperature-high}"
      Text item=Temp_Min_1 label="{item:day1-temperature-low}"
      Text item=Condition_2 label="{item:day2-condition}"
      Text item=Temp_Max_2 label="{item:day2-temperature-high}"
      Text item=Temp_Min_2 label="{item:day2-temperature-low}"
    }
Number   Condition        "Condition [%s]"                    {weather="locationId=home, type=condition, property=commonId"}
Number   Weather_Temp_Max    "Todays Maximum [%.1f °C]"        <temperature>    (Weather_Chart)
Number   Weather_Temp_Min    "Todays Minimum [%.1f °C]"        <temperature>    (Weather_Chart)

Number   Condition_1        "Condition id 1 [%s]"                    {weather="locationId=home, forecast=1, type=condition, property=commonId"}
Number   Temp_Min_1        "Temperature min 1 [%.1f °C]"               {weather="locationId=home, forecast=1, type=temperature, property=min"}
Number   Temp_Max_1        "Temperature max 1 [%.1f °C]"               {weather="locationId=home, forecast=1, type=temperature, property=max"}

Number   Condition_2        "Condition id 2 [%s]"                    {weather="locationId=home, forecast=2, type=condition, property=commonId"}
Number   Temp_Min_2        "Temperature min 2 [%.1f °C]"               {weather="locationId=home, forecast=2, type=temperature, property=min"}
Number   Temp_Max_2        "Temperature max 2 [%.1f °C]"               {weather="locationId=home, forecast=2, type=temperature, property=max"}

I used id in the past and switched to commonId as per rotini.wiki.

Can someone spot my mistake?

What incorrect conditions do you see?
The only off thing I noticed is that day0-condition should probably point to today’s forecast, not current condition, unless done deliberately.

1 Like

Sorry forgot to attach the screenshot…

It should have been sunny for day 2 and 3.

Oh, probably item type is the issue, condition should be String, like:

String Condition_1 "Condition id 1 [%s]" {
  weather="locationId=home, forecast=1, type=condition, property=commonId"
}
1 Like

Yep, this worked! String it is, and forecast fro today changed to forecast-0!
Thank you kindly! … and keep up the great work :slight_smile:

1 Like

There are additional/improvement widget layouts for garage-door and window/blinds widgets in development, so that should be addressed.

Will consider this

A way to better layout widgets is planned, at this moment there is no “clean” way to do this. Some user used text (I think) widget with no text to take up space.

Client send command as fast as OpenHAB processes it, so it shouldn’t overwhelm server itself. If HUE bridge can be overwhelmed so easily, I would say that hue binding should enforce some limits in that case.
Having light change only at the end of user action feels much-much less responsive, so I don’t think it is a good user experience.

That’s a good idea. Light widgets were developed the first ones, so they will be updated in the future to improve this and other shortcomings.

step config is irrelevant in this app (copy-paste error in examples)