HomeHabit Dashboard - Original thread

Accepted

1 Like

I just found out about this Anroid UI. It is looking great and definitly has a high WAF! Please, accept my request to join the beta program.

Done

Holy moly!!! Looks great! And seeing this I would like to join the beta program as well.

Glad you like it! Did you send G+ request?

Dashboard in edit mode. All widgets are resizable and can be rearranged through drag and drop:

2 Likes

My Opinion:

This is just all covered by HABpanel and HABpanel is opensource. I think the developer of this project tries to use this community to get possible paying customers, what is not a bad thing 
BUT the wrong place!
Using OH community to Beta Test your app approaches must be a signal to all of the people here, subscribing to your “Beta Test” and rely on a opensource DIY solution like openHAB.

I dont wanna blame anybody or make things bad. The screens look “ok”, are not the UX Wonder and I just think you could join forces with others to bring things foward for the usability aspect.
Keep in mind: No openHAB, No Rotini, No Licencing possibilities etc

But thats my own personal opinion. Feel free to commercialize the app, but pay the community for QA and AcceptanceTesting :wink:

4 Likes

My opinion:
Why make another app and not just add a “tablet” mode or however you want to call it to the official app so everyone can profit of it

I do not understand why you guys criticize someone for offering an additional, commercial solution for OpenHab. It doesn’t affect you at all. The license allows this. He might be successful or not, but it is not your concern.

Cheers, David

6 Likes

Looks promising could you please add me to the beta channel.

Early Access

I would like to thank everyone for patiently waiting for Project Rotini release.

In previous months the application has been redesigned and rewritten from scratch. It has improved user experience and support for multiple hubs on the market.
Now, Project Rotini finds itself all brand new “under the hood” and ready to roar. However, on outside it might still temporarily lack some features and occasionally be rough around the edges. My hope is to gather early feedback about the new design and its usability.

It is my pleasure to announce that early access version of the app is ready. If you would like to try it out, please sign up for the new community at https://community.projectrotini.com (sign up approvals will be staggered over a short period of time).

Again, thank you for your patience and I hope you enjoy the app.

2 Likes

Do you already have any information on pricing and licensing?
I’d rather not invest my time in testing and reporting only to find out it is ridiculously expensive/restrictive.

1 Like

But this is only for Android right? Any new news for an iOS Version?

1 Like

Why do i need to sign-up first, if i want to view threads on your forum?
This is very counter intuitive and i don’t think its a good idea to close it off even further.

@LLeifermann That’s because it is currently only for early access, and the app is not publicly available in the Play Store yet. To use the app, your google account would need to be added. That’s done by means of community signup.
After early access phase is over, forum will be open.

@Multisaft7 Yes, at the moment. iOS is in development, but Android main release is the priority.

1 Like

@LLeifermann Community is now open for viewing without sign-up.
Sign-up is still required to use the early access app version.

Hey @igor

I signed for an account but get this when I click through the email activation link
 My account is “TommySharp”.

Sorry, this account confirmation link is no longer valid. Perhaps your account is already active?

@TommySharp Activation link is valid only for 2 days, so it might have expired. Can you try to login with your credentials, it should offer to resend email.

@igor
No, doesn’t give me a chance to resend

You can’t log in yet. We previously sent an activation email to you at xxxxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com. Please follow the instructions in that email to activate your account.