Different update rates in HTTP binding?

I am using the SmarthomeJ HTTP binding quite extensively for a while. So far everything running well, but the target device (Homepilot) has trouble keeping up with the polling rate.

Main reason for this: I have just a few (around 5 to 8) sensors I need to be updated every 2 seconds.

There are some 60…80 devices more I also collect data from, but they would be fully okay with tens of seconds, maybe even minutes of sampling intervals.

It even would be possible to group them inside the Homepilot so those with equal rates could share the same stateExtension.

Is there any chance to have such a feature in the binding - setting different sampling rates for state extension (at least something into this direction)?

Or maybe some completely different solution?

I would really like to avoid workarounds like using multiple Things with different rates for one physical device, especially as synchronity cannot be guaranteed.

There’s always a chance but someone will have to volunteer to implement it. Open an issue on the smarthomej repo and keep your fingers crossed.

But I suspect the workaround you are trying to avoid is the intended way to handle this use case.