Disable Bundle from UI

Hi,

is it possible to enable/disable a bundle (or binding) from BasicUI using a simple control switch?

I know that it is possible to call the console via SSH and then issue >> bundle:stop XXX
And I know that it is possible in general to issue a shell command via the Exec binding.

But I haven’t found a way, yet, to issue a console command from UI…

Background:
I use the max! binding which is only stable when the connection to the max cube is exclusive. However, to access the max cube with other applications, one must deactivate the bundle in openhab before, which works fine via the console. But I haven’t found a way to get it working directly out of the UI…

I am running Openhab2.0 on a Raspi (openhabian) and control it with BasicUI from a smartphone…works very well so far.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Greetings,
Alex

No, this isn’t possible and an end user UI should also not be able to interfere with any runtime internals.
But I’d assume this issue comes pretty close to what you would need.

Thanks Kai, this makes sense.
Maybe there is a way to tell the maxcube binding directly to manually enable/disable talking to the max cube w/o disabling the complete bundle?
Is there something like a global variable or switch for this, which can be controlled or set via UI?