Disconnection from OneWire after a few hours

Hi

I run a RasPi 3 with Pigator (1wire, TPUART) module, to access a KNX (via knxd) and a 1wire bus (via owserver). While KNX bus access is working just fine, I am facing problems with the 1wire setup. After a few hours or at least one day I loose the connection to all my temperature sensors and do not receive any measurements anymore.

It’s a setup of 5 simple temperature sensors where 2 are connected as a branch and 3 are connected as a branch (mixed star and bus topology). There is approx. a 10m distance between each sensor. Both branches are attached to the RasPi’s Pigator module directly. The sensors are NOT connected in parasitic way. If the error occurs, then a simple reboot does not help. I have to shutdown the RasPi and disconnect/reconnect to power.

What could be the problem? I assume as I need to disconnect the Pi from power supply, it is hardware related. Would maybe a real “serial” bus topology, where all 5 sensors are placed in a row but with parasitic power be more fault tolerant?

Below is the error log from OpenHab.

Thanks for any help!

19:43:08.046 [WARN ] [nternal.connection.OneWireConnection] - Unexpected owfs exception: Error -5
org.owfs.jowfsclient.OwfsException: Error -5
        at org.owfs.jowfsclient.internal.OwfsConnectionImpl.readPacket(OwfsConnectionImpl.java:264)[184:org.openhab.binding.onewire:1.10.0]
        at org.owfs.jowfsclient.internal.OwfsConnectionImpl.listDirectory(OwfsConnectionImpl.java:196)[184:org.openhab.binding.onewire:1.10.0]
        at org.openhab.binding.onewire.internal.connection.OneWireConnection.connect(OneWireConnection.java:142)[184:org.openhab.binding.onewire:1.10.0]
        at org.openhab.binding.onewire.internal.connection.OneWireConnection.reconnect(OneWireConnection.java:178)[184:org.openhab.binding.onewire:1.10.0]
        at org.openhab.binding.onewire.internal.connection.OneWireConnection.readFromOneWire(OneWireConnection.java:318)[184:org.openhab.binding.onewire:1.10.0]
        at org.openhab.binding.onewire.internal.OneWireBinding.updateItemFromOneWire(OneWireBinding.java:304)[184:org.openhab.binding.onewire:1.10.0]
        at org.openhab.binding.onewire.internal.OneWireBinding.devicePropertyWantsUpdate(OneWireBinding.java:258)[184:org.openhab.binding.onewire:1.10.0]
        at org.openhab.binding.onewire.internal.scheduler.OneWireUpdateTask.run(OneWireUpdateTask.java:61)[184:org.openhab.binding.onewire:1.10.0]
19:43:08.050 [ERROR] [nternal.connection.OneWireConnection] - Couldn't connect to owserver [IP '127.0.0.1' Port '4304']
19:43:08.053 [ERROR] [ding.onewire.internal.OneWireBinding] - Set Item for itemName=Temperatur_OW_1 to Undefined, because the readvalue is null
19:43:08.058 [WARN ] [.binding.knx.internal.bus.KNXBinding] - no compatible datapoint found for item Temperatur_OW_1 (org.openhab.core.types.UnDefType), check item configuration
19:43:08.161 [ERROR] [nternal.connection.OneWireConnection] - reading from path 28.FF55D5741604/temperature attempt 1 throws exception
org.owfs.jowfsclient.OwfsException: Error -1
        at org.owfs.jowfsclient.internal.OwfsConnectionImpl.readPacket(OwfsConnectionImpl.java:264)[184:org.openhab.binding.onewire:1.10.0]
        at org.owfs.jowfsclient.internal.OwfsConnectionImpl.exists(OwfsConnectionImpl.java:159)[184:org.openhab.binding.onewire:1.10.0]
        at org.openhab.binding.onewire.internal.connection.OneWireConnection.checkIfDeviceExists(OneWireConnection.java:273)[184:org.openhab.binding.onewire:1.10.0]
        at org.openhab.binding.onewire.internal.connection.OneWireConnection.readFromOneWire(OneWireConnection.java:290)[184:org.openhab.binding.onewire:1.10.0]
        at org.openhab.binding.onewire.internal.OneWireBinding.updateItemFromOneWire(OneWireBinding.java:304)[184:org.openhab.binding.onewire:1.10.0]
        at org.openhab.binding.onewire.internal.OneWireBinding.devicePropertyWantsUpdate(OneWireBinding.java:258)[184:org.openhab.binding.onewire:1.10.0]
        at org.openhab.binding.onewire.internal.scheduler.OneWireUpdateTask.run(OneWireUpdateTask.java:61)[184:org.openhab.binding.onewire:1.10.0]
19:43:08.165 [INFO ] [nternal.connection.OneWireConnection] - Trying to reconnect to owserver...

I use the one wire without owserver maybe this is also a way to go. Seems that the owserver cannot access the sensors. When this error according can you still access the onewire devices from command line?

Maybe you can find some info here