Discussion about Units of Measurement

@vzorglub would litres be something to add? I noticed it was missing from the list. The HP Printers deal in microlitres/millilitres for marking agent used…

AFAIK LITRE should be available in SmartHomeUnits. It is possible to modify them by a MetricPrefix like MICRO or MILLI (e.g. MetricPrefix.MILLI(SmartHomeUnits.LITRE)). Does that work for you @Cossey?

Thanks Christoph :+1: that should be all good, so should I assume that https://www.openhab.org/docs/concepts/units-of-measurement.html is outdated since it doesn’t mention that, or have I misunderstood the purpose of that page?

It looks like the page is outdated. As well as the linked list in @vzorglub OP. May I ask you to give it an update?

I did notice this:

That the BYTE symbol is represented by “o”. I have open two Pull Requests - one to fix the incorrect unit symbol (and add a symbol for Octet) and the other for the documentation update.

1 Like

:+1: Thanks you very much. I left some comment in your PRs.

Is it possible to add ounces (oz) to the Imperial units. for Number:Mass

I would also be very interested in the speed unit mm/h for the rain rate.

Is the thread still up to date? Do you still collect missing units?

No, until some one can show me step by step how deal with gitHub, I won’t be making PRs

Is your problem more with GitHub in general, openHAB’s GitHub in particular, or the underlying tool Git?

I am still pretty low level wizard myself, but I somewhat recently got my head around Git and it has been a game changer for me, personally. I now keep all my plain text accounting, dotfiles, Orgmode and other notes, and all sorts of stuff in version controlled self hosted private repositories using plain Git. But I wouldn’t want to presume anything, maybe you are much further along than myself. :smiley: I am just very willing to help anyone who is so willing to help others as yourself.

1 Like

I’ve tried but I can’t get my head aroud it.
If someone can guide me step by step on how to do a pull request for a repo in VS Code I would be grateful

Yes but which part? :smiley:

1. Git itself (or version control in general)
  2. GitHub the website, or
  3. openHAB’s GitHub repositories (and their policies, etc.)

Because those are 3 different things. Or do you mean you can’t grasp any of it?

That’s the one

1 Like

So far as I can make out, this is valid with OH2.5 at least.

I decided to break this discussion off into it’s own topic so as not to further pollute this thread.

Also, bless your honesty. :smiley: I didn’t want to presume anything… :smiley:

1 Like

Hello,

Are there any plans to add cubic meters (m3) to volume unit? Usually gas and water usage is calculated in this unit. Currently there is only liter available.

It’s already supported since at least 2.4:

It is not listed in the documentation at https://www.openhab.org/docs/concepts/units-of-measurement.html

PR done to add to documentation
I have also updated : List of Units in the UoM (Unit of Measurement)

1 Like