Distributing bindings through the IoT Marketplace

(David K.) #124

Yes the number is definitely correct, copy-pasted from PaperUI.

(SiHui) #125

Okay, that should be the Sony binding.

For the MISC part: my answer was not correct. If you need to install the market place addons it would go into the MISC part, a market place binding should go into the BINDING section …

(David K.) #126

That’s exactly what I am trying. The Market add-on is installed.

(Nate Clark) #127

What’s the process for getting Marketplace bindings approved by moderators? I submitted my first binding using this guide a couple days ago, but it still says pending moderation. Do I need to ping a moderator to review? What criteria is used to determine if a submission gets approved?

btw my binding is submitted here: https://marketplace.eclipse.org/content/konnected-binding

(Kai Kreuzer) #128

Hey Nate! Thanks for the submission, please just be patient - the approval is done by the folks at the Eclipse Foundation and they do not seem to do it daily. Shouldn’t take more than a week, though, from my experience.

(Martin) #129

Hi Tonny,

did your WARN message left after certain period of time? I have currently the same WARN message in my log

2018-09-23 17:50:24.258 [WARN ] [arketplace.internal.MarketplaceProxy] - Failed downloading Marketplace entries:  : Received fatal alert: handshake_failure
2018-09-23 17:50:24.261 [WARN ] [arketplace.internal.MarketplaceProxy] - Retrying again in a minute

Thanks

[SOLVED] Failed downloading Marketplace entries: Received fatal alert: handshake_failure
(Mr. Wiseman) #130

Happening to me also; even updated the Java Security files for US thinking it has to do with 256 encryption issue but that didn’t work either.

Best, Jay

(Martin Tamke) #131

thanks for reporting this - i tried as well to replace the java security files, as some in this threat seemed to have success with this method.

Unfortunately not me - we obviously need to be patient.

(TKoe) #132

Hi Martin.
Yeah, my warnings are gone. They disappeared after my re-install of OH2.

(Martin) #133

worked for me, thank you!

(TKoe) #134

And now, my problem is back.
I will tryk to go to the Thread https://community.openhab.org/t/failed-downloading-marketplace-entries-received-fatal-alert-handshake-failure/52045/7

2018-10-04 17:09:06.470 [WARN ] [arketplace.internal.MarketplaceProxy] - Failed downloading Marketplace entries:  : Received fatal alert: handshake_failure

2018-10-04 17:09:06.475 [WARN ] [arketplace.internal.MarketplaceProxy] - Retrying again in a minute

2018-10-04 17:09:06.745 [WARN ] [arketplace.internal.MarketplaceProxy] - Failed downloading Marketplace entries:  : Received fatal alert: handshake_failure

(Smhgit) #135

@SpaceGlider were u able to install market binding via addons.cfg?

(Smhgit) #136

I don’t use PaperUI to configure my things. Everything is within configuration files. Make it very easy to reinstall and maintain.

@kai, is there any plan to support market binding installation from cfg file?

(SiHui) #137

(Markus Michels) #138

I added my binding for the Rachio Sprinkler system to the market place

but it doesn’t show up in the selection list within PaperUI.

Is there a step missing to publish? It’s online since May so can’t be a timing issue.

fyi: I’ll also post a binding for the Telekom Media Receiver (MagentaTV/EntertainTV) soon

(Hilbrand Bouwkamp) #139

It could be in Paper UI you need set the maturity level to beta for market place. Or otherwise, if I remember correctly the license must EPL to be visible.

(Markus Michels) #140

you are right, changing the license to EPL made it, now it’s visible. Thx