Docker 2.5.12 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing

I updated from 2.5.11 to 2.5.12 and did a clean (erased userdata: tmp and cache).
After that I get the error in the log below and nothing works anymore, and i tried to go back to 2.5.11 , and different cleaning stuff without success.
I also searched the threads about similar problems, but have found no fix that works for me.

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: product: 8 core Intel(R) Atom™ CPU C3758 @ 2.20GHz / 16GB

• OS: Linux server 5.4.0-72-generic #80-Ubuntu SMP Mon Apr 12 17:35:00 UTC 2021 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

• Java Runtime Environment: Whats in Docker 2.5.12-debian

• openHAB version: 2.5.12

• Issue of the topic: Openhab fails to install all Addons
  • Please post configurations (if applicable):
    cat userdata/config/org/openhab/addons.config

:org.apache.felix.configadmin.revision:=L"1"
    binding=“zwave,mqtt,shelly,astro”
    misc=“openhabcloud”
    package=“standard”
    service.pid=“org.openhab.addons”
    transformation=“jsonpath,javascript,map”
    ui=“basic,paper,habmin,habpanel”
  • If logs where generated please post these here using code fences:

2021-04-28 10:33:24.648 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing ‘openhab-binding-shelly, openhab-binding-mqtt, openhab-transformation-map, openhab-ui-basic, openhab-misc-openhabcloud, openhab-binding-astro, openhab-transformation-javascript, openhab-ui-habmin, openhab-ui-habpanel, openhab-ui-paper, openhab-transformation-jsonpath, openhab-binding-zwave’: Error:
    Error downloading mvn:org.openhab.addons.bundles/org.openhab.transform.map/[2.5.0,2.6)
    2021-04-28 10:33:25.615 [INFO ] [.dashboard.internal.DashboardService] - Stopped Dashboard

Isn’t it the same as this one: OH2.5 & OH3.0.1 / OH 3.0.0 Installation fail on Docker & Kubernetes: Artifacts not found ?

Yes finally, thanks! I missed that one.
But why is it happening? I did not get that part…

Check the announcement @rossko57 was sharing: 2.5.x branch will be discontinued as of May 1 - maybe it already happened ahead of time.

Changing to 3.0.2 did the trick (and it’s worth it!)

Jens

It definitely is!

Nonetheless, I am looking into ways to keep the online repo for 2.5.12 working after May 1st. In case I do not succeed, it is in any case recommended to use the offline version of the addons, since this makes an installation independent of any remote resources.

1 Like

How do I use the offline version of the addons?

2 Likes

I think I found it myself, downloaded the .kar files for the adding and the legacy-addons and placed them in the adding folder. Looks, like the system ist starting again. Still have to do a final reboot.
Hold thumbs pressed :wink:

1 Like

Any update on this topic ? Also where can I find a guide to install the .kar file with the legacy-addons ? I need to install the map transform service.

1 Like

No change.
Start here, “manual installation”

Thanks for the quick reply, however if I click on “download stable addons” I get the message “Page not found (404)”

You can also download these openHAB 2.5.12 files from Maven Central:

3 Likes

This is quite a ridiculous way of (not) maintaining a legacy version. I could have spent hours more trying to work out why I got the same issues if I didn’t stumble on this post

1 Like

FWIW, it has been announced:

10 days notice??

Thanks for posting alternate links however :slight_smile: One thing I did notice I now have both 2.5.8 (existing addons) plus the 2.5.12 addons from the KAR file. I’m planning on upgrading to 3.0.2, but I want to make sure the existing 2.5.x install is as clean as possible. How do I remove the older 2.5.8 bindings?

They are stored in the userdata /cache and /tmp dirs and these are automatically cleared by the update script. It’s probably best make sure there aren’t any JAR/KAR add-on files for older OH versions in your /addons dir before starting the update. It also prevents issues if you first uninstall OH 1.x bindings before doing the upgrade.

There are many update commands automatically executed to patch or remove outdated files when you update to 3.0. It also removes files that were already unused in OH 2.5. So your OH 3.0 userdata might be cleaner than what you use now with OH 2.5. :wink:

Hi. I try to install miio binding online first, and then read this post )
How to stop OH from trying install binding?
I see “ Failed installing 'openhab-binding-miio” every minute in logs

Thanks, yeah already cleared /cache and /tmp folders thats how I got into this pickle in the first place! Nothing in addons apart from the 2.5.12 KAR file addons. Never mind, I think I will go down the path of openhab-cli backup, then burn the Rpi disk from scratch, install OH3 and then restore the v2 config

You cannot restore OH2 data after you have installed OH3, see:

oops, you’re right, misread this part of the migration…

" Backup first

If you’ve got an existing openHAB 2 installation, back it up before you do anything. openhab-cli backup [filepath]/[filename].zip will create a zip file which can be used to restore the same version of openHAB later using openhab-cli restore [filepath]/[filename].zip. Put the file somewhere not related to openHAB, such as your own home directory (e.g. /home/pi/). You should probably do your usual OS backup too to make sure you can get back to where you left off."

not going to lie - this is a pretty crummy ‘workaround’

Forcing an upgrade is the kind of thing I would expect from Microsoft, not from an open community like this.
Running a build that started at Openhab1 and eventually moved to version 2 on openhabian and eventually a Dockerised 2.5.x, which has several dependencies on things like LightwaveRF and old Google Nest integrations makes an upgrade to 3, pretty much a non-starter
I’ve tried installing the car file in my adding and changing remote to false,
I have tried adding the new repo to my adding.cfg file.

I am now in no man’s land, since not all of the toolsI use are supported on 3.x and seemingly I am unable to remove or update this Map feature in my current version (2.5.12 on Docker)

I am grateful for the world that has been done by so many dedicated people, but have been disappointed on several occasions since 3.x became available.