Docs on how to backup openHAB

Which is why I started this thread. Thank you for at least understanding that part!
A small note though - Wether or not backup not being part of openhab, doest NOT mean it shouldn´t be documented in some way.
If backup is not part of openhab, where did the openhab-cli script´s, backup and restore came from ?

No it´s not. Its how you read it and fail to at least understand where this is getting at.
Noone wants to read about birds, when searcing for info about fishes. Its as simple as that.

Which is why documentation is highly important!

Not really. The user who understand the term of backup is only interested in one thing - Be able to get back to some stage of history, before it went wrong, when restoring a backup. How the backup procedure works, which files etc, really isnt a concern, UNLESS the backup isnt backing up everything. This is why there is a need of my #1.

Come on… You´re really doing your best to destroy this thread, right?
If you have at least read my post, clicked the second link, you would have seen openhab-cli is mentioned as a backup-tool. This is NOT MY WORDS god damit! This is the documentation of openHAB:
" Use the openHAB integrated backup tool to interactively backup/restore your openHAB config [menu option 51/52]."

Click the god damn link for crist sake! And then tell me where you end up, and what exactly you´re beeing told from there. Perhaps you should start counting, how many times the word “backup” is mentioned in regard to openhab-cli backup. Then get off my neck with your stupidity about ME not understanding. Its simply impossible to understand, how openhab-cli backup and restore, should not be called “backup” according to you!

So according to you, because you believe it´s impossible to list, openhab is better off with nothing…
Sweat!

Perhaps you should make up your mind.
Is openhab-cli backup and restore script part of openhab? This is a simple yes/no question.
Next, is openhab-cli backup mentioned as a backup-tool? This is a simple yes/no question.

Press the link to the docs, and tell me what you see on the left side. Thats menu´s in my world… You world seem a whole lot different… I really dont care. I´ll bet you, that most people will call it menu´s, except you ofcouse!

This is not something I need to understand. This is the reason I started this thread. And for now, you dont seem to have contributed with anything, except trying to ruin it.

You´ll never be able to understand. So I wont try explain this to you, again!

3 Likes