Don't receive Homematic states and figures from 2 am onwards

@muelli Do you see any messages in the log file?

Can you also check in the Karaf console the output of bundle:list | grep Homematic

Maybe there is some sort of dependency problem with M3, but in the latest Snapshot it should work.

@andi1306 It should work on the latest snapshot. I will test it again. Are there any messages in openhab.log?

Can you also check in the Karaf console the output of bundle:list | grep Homematic

That’s interesting. It seems that the restart of OH2 confused the CCU. As I said before there are problems if you connect more than one OH instance at the same time to a CCU. The old HM devices are normally don’t have any problems, but with the HmIP devices there can be some real strange problems.

You can try the following in the OH3 installation after it does no longer receive updates:

• open the Karaf console
  • execute bundle:list | grep Homematic and note the number in the first column
  • execute bundle:restart <number>

Does this help? As a bypass you could create a cron rule on the OH3 machine too and perform a restart at the same time.

ok, i will download the latest snapshot over the weekend and run a test again.

3.1.0 M3 has been stable over the last days ( with the usual binding, not your tweaked version for the addon folder )

How would roughly the “then” part of a cron rule ( or even check if an IP channel does not update for some time ) look like to restart the homematic bundle? In case i run into issues with M3 i could do this as a workaround.

I will check tomorror whether the test version really works with the latest snapshot.

As far as I know the bundle:restart is only possible in the Karaf console (I will check this). My idea with the cron rule was to use the same technique that @andi1306 is already using for his H2 installation and restart both OH installations at the same time.

ok, got it. Then i potentially work on a rule to alert me with a Telegram in case one of my IP devices does not report updates or stays at the same value vs. 1 or 2 hours ago… so that i can just restart the homematic bundle in the karaf manually. i dont want to restart the whole OH3 instance if not neccessary.

I wait for your feedback on the snapshot, this one did not work with me:

3.1.0-SNAPSHOT - Build #2310

OK and thank you very much for the information.
I think I’ll go a more straight forward way. Next weekend will be the weather condition very badly. I’ll migrate whole OH2 → OH3 and shut down OH2 afterwards.
This will hopefully fix the issue due to the fact that then is only one connection to CCU3.
I’ll send an update on Sunday. Please cross your fingers :hugs:
Best regards and thanks again for the information so far
Andreas

That doesn’t look right.

OK, things seem to work for me now with the “normal” binding from the release build 3.0.1.

But there is one weird thing I do not understand: I linked 2 timestamp items to my ActualTemperature thing. One of them using UI the other using an .items file. The item defined in the .items file receives NULL while the item defined by UI receives correct timestamps. Both of them have a profile and a stateDescription.

.items file:

DateTime tempWallFreddieTS "Letzte Messung [%1$td.%1$tm.%1$tY %1$tH:%1$tM]" <temperature>   ["Point"]  {channel="homematic:HmIP-WTH-B:3014F711A0001F5A49940499:00265D89897A70:1#ACTUAL_TEMPERATURE"[profile="timestamp-update"], stateDescription=""[pattern="%1$td.%1$tm.%1$tY, %1$tH:%1$tM Uhr"]}

I must be doing something wrong in my .items file. Can somebody help please?

I have uploaded a new a new test version. But it won’t work with 3.1.0.M3 because there have been some updates in openHAB core after the milestone was released. I have tested the binding successfully with the latest snapshot (2319).

Hi!
Migrated yesterday nearly everything to OH3 and switched off OH2.5. The OH3 environment run through without loosing the connection over night :slightly_smiling_face: Perfect, well done so far.

However, I have problems with some basics at all.
Former I used a rule to build an average of illumination. I would like transfer this rule to ECMA. Former OH2.5:
var helligkeit_avg = (Wetterstation_ILLUMINATION.averageSince(now.minusMinutes(10)) as Number).intValue
is not running through.
How to handle it in ECMA with item.Registry.getItem(‘Wetterstation_ILLUMINATION’).getState() and rrd4j requests?
I don’t get the right information in the internet.
Thank you very much in advance and best regards
Andreas

See here: Blocky: Calculating the average of light intensity last minutes

Replying to myself in case anybody might be interested: The problem was the name of my item defined in the items-file. There is one called “tempWallFreddie” for the temperature and the failed one named “tempWallFreddieTS” for the timestamp of update.

If I rename the last one to “tempWallFreddie_TS” evrything works fine. Obviously items have to have names that differ in a minimum of 3 characters. ???

No, it’s not that. You can have two different Item names with just one character in a different case.
I suspect more likely is some “debris” associated with the particular Item name. Sometimes broken links get left in openHABs internal JSONDB, and mess stuff up. They’re difficult to track down.

EDIT - there is a utility to make this easier in OH3

It’s always smart to make a backup before tinkering with this

That’s what I expected :smiley:

I checked with

openhab:links orphan list

and also with

openhab:links list

but could not figure out any suspicous items

I used the org.openhab.binding.homematic-3.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar. in my previous OH3.1M3 & M4 version, which fixed the issue.
When I updated to 3.1.0M5 last week I removed this add-on an use the binding provided in the M5, as I thought this release uses the SNAPSHOT provided long time ago.
However this seems to be the case, as the Homematic things are not updated again.

Do I still need to use the SNAPSHOT in M5 release, or is this a different problem?

Hi Stefan,

in the last months I have tried several implementations to make the connection especially for HmIP items more stable. But none of the solutions really worked reliably and therefore none of them made it into a PR and into the milestones. In my opinion the support of HmIP devices in the normal CCU is really buggy and testing solutions for this problems is really a nightmare.

I now have at home a HmIP devices that also sometimes has problems with state updates which helps a bit to find a reliable solution.

Can you describe a bit more in detail your exact problem? Do to the update stop after a certain period or was the connection between OH and the CCU interrupted for a certain time and nocht completely restored?

Martin

Hi Martin,

I checked the event.logs for the last days and it seems the issue only started yesterday again, when I added a new HmIP device.

From that moment, neither the HmIP Thermostats nor the new Device I added (HmIP-SWO-PL) gets any update anymore.

I sent you the related logs in a PM.

However I can set the temperature in OH3 and this change is updated on CCU.
It seems only the update from CCU → OH3 is not working.

Let me know when I shall test anything for you.

Thanks
Stefan

Hey guys
How the situation today? I have still the same problem the Gateway-Extras will not be updated in OpenHAB.
No worries from OH to Raspberrymatic. Any suggestions?

Hi Dennis,

the behavior disappeared after removing/re-adding the Gateway thing.

However, each time I update the CCU software, the problem occurs again. After rebooting the CCU some things are not getting updated.
Although the Gateway shows online, it doesn’t work anymore.
To make it work again, it’s sufficient to “disable” the Gateway thing and “enable” it again in OH.

Not sure the same approach will help you, but its worth to test :slight_smile:

Stefan