Door Lock Switches Different in PaperUI

I’m having some strange UI rendering happening between 2 of the same door locks (Yale YRD446). They were both added the same day using a 2.5 SNAPSHOT because security wasn’t working in 2.4. They both are setup and work, but one displays with a sliding switch, and the other is a dropdown box switch (Locked/Unlocked). I’ve deleted and recreated the item (unlinked/deleted) several times, they always come back the same. Now I know PaperUI is not meant to be the control, but wanted to know if someone knows why this is occurring. Below I have 3 screenshots showing the control switches, then the item, and the thing with properties. Comparing the XML files in the zwave folder, they are identical except for the obvious (nodeID, batterylevel, and neighbors). I’m also running a 2.5 SNAPSHOT from July 17. Anyone know what would cause this?

############################################################

The items are likely different types?

Based on the screenshots they are both Switches.

I have no idea why they would show up as different. Both are the exact same make and model of door lock.

Do they behave differently when placed on BasicUI or HABPanel?

Given the state of PaperUI, this might be a mystery that never gets solved. Most the work right now is being done on replacing PaperUI. If there isn’t anything functionally wrong it may be something to live with for the next six months or so.

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply, had a lot going on around the time, but wanted to close this. I’ve recently started from scratch, and both locks show up the same now, they show up with a dropdown list (locked, unlock), and also show text buttons for each as well, not sure what the logic is there, but I have 2 options now :slight_smile: It took a few tries to get the locks paired with security when starting from scratch running 2.5 and the snapshot 2.5.1 binding, even had to purge one of the locks from the zStick using zensys-tools. They’re both working now, so I’m good for now.

FYI: Below is what the lock devices look like in OH 2.5 with the 2.5.1 snapshot binding.