Downgrade to older SNAPSHOT release

Hi,

Having problems with the latest SNAPSHOT builds and want to go back to OH2.2 #1020. Have not managed to figure out if that is possible (didn’t save a backup before upgrading to #1029)

Thanks,

Johan

If you are using Apt, the commands you want are:

sudo apt-cache show openhab2
sudo apt-get install openhab2=2.1.0~2017030108541

Replacing everything on the right of the ='s sign with the correct information for the one you want to roll back to

5 Likes

Thanks for the reply!
I’m on Fedora so I’m using “runtime/bin/update 2.2.0-SNAPSHOT”

Sorry, that I can’t help with.

On Fedora, you should be able to use yum or rpm with a similar option (sorry, none at hand to figure out).
Then again, if you want to roll back because of those NPE and missing items issues in #1025 and later, just wait for #1030.

Sounds like a good idea, gave up after 1029, but will give it another try then :slight_smile:

Hi all,

I wanted to downgrade today using the instructions above. But it seems if you downgrade OH, your bindings are not downgraded, correct? I wanted to go from build #1084 to #1075. But when starting OH after installation, I get this:

2017-11-19 13:18:35.702 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-binding-http1, openhab-persistence-mapdb, openhab-misc-market, openhab-misc-openhabcloud, openhab-binding-tcp1, openhab-persistence-influxdb, openhab-binding-denon1, openhab-binding-sonos, openhab-ui-habpanel, openhab-transformation-regex, openhab-binding-mqttitude1, openhab-transformation-jsonpath, openhab-binding-mqtt1, openhab-binding-chromecast, openhab-action-telegram, openhab-binding-netatmo, openhab-ui-basic, openhab-transformation-map, openhab-ui-classic, openhab-binding-ntp, openhab-action-mail, openhab-binding-astro, openhab-binding-knx1, openhab-ui-paper': Unable to resolve root: missing requirement [root] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=openhab-binding-sonos; type=karaf.feature; version="[2.2.0.SNAPSHOT,2.2.0.SNAPSHOT]"; filter:="(&(osgi.identity=openhab-binding-sonos)(type=karaf.feature)(version>=2.2.0.SNAPSHOT)(version<=2.2.0.SNAPSHOT))" [caused by: Unable to resolve openhab-binding-sonos/2.2.0.SNAPSHOT: missing requirement [openhab-binding-sonos/2.2.0.SNAPSHOT] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=esh-binding-sonos; type=karaf.feature [caused by: Unable to resolve esh-binding-sonos/0.9.0.SNAPSHOT: missing requirement [esh-binding-sonos/0.9.0.SNAPSHOT] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.sonos; type=osgi.bundle; version="[0.9.0.201711182209,0.9.0.201711182209]"; resolution:=mandatory [caused by: Unable to resolve org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.sonos/0.9.0.201711182209: missing requirement [org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.sonos/0.9.0.201711182209] osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=org.eclipse.smarthome.config.discovery.upnp)"]]]

Hi all,

how can i downgrade to a specific snapshot? I’m on Fedora 26. I tried using the runtime update script but it seems not capable of up/downgrading to specific snapshot builds. I’m aware of this site https://openhab.ci.cloudbees.com/job/openHAB-Distribution/ but i can’t seem to find the download link for older snapshots…

thanks in advance for your help

Harry

1 Like