DSC Alarm cannot link it100

Hello everyone:
I can’t use it100 to link to DSC Alarm, and there is no log in openhab.log.
I don’t know how to to solve.
I’m using a WinXP system PC, and the PC has a RS232 interface. I through it to link it100.
This is my openhab.cfg:

DSC Alarm interface device type

Valid values are it100 (default for serial connection (or) envisalink default for TCP connection)

Dscalarm:deviceType=it100
DSC Alarm port name for a # serial connection.
Values are e.g. COM1 # Valid for Windows and /dev/ttyS0 or /dev/ttyUSB0 for Linux.
Leave undefined if not connecting by # serial port.
Dscalarm:serialPort=COM1
DSC Alarm baud rate for serial # connections.

Valid values are 9600 (default), 19200, 38400, 57600, 115200 and

Leave undefined if using default.

Dscalarm:baud=9600
DSC Alarm IP address for a # TCP connection.
Leave undefined if not connecting by # network connection.
#dscalarm:ip=
DSC Alarm TCP port for a # TCP connection.

Can be EyezOn Envisalink on 4025 (default) or a TCP serial server to IT-100

Leave undefined if not connecting by # network connection.
#dscalarm:tcpPort=
Alarm password for logging # DSC into the EyezOn Envisalink 3/2DS interface.

#dscalarm:password=
Alarm user code for # DSC logging certain DSC Alarm commands.

#dscalarm:usercode=
DSC Alarm poll period. #
Of time elapsed in # Amount minutes between poll commands sent to the DSC Alarm.

Valid values are 1-15 (Default = 1).

Dscalarm:pollPeriod=1

Suppress Acknowledgement Messages.

Set to’true’(default =‘false’) to suppress the display of Acknowledgement messages, such as

Command Acknowledge message after # the a poll command is sent.

Dscalarm:suppressAcknowledgementMsgs=false

Hello @zhongboguan,

From what I can tell your configuration looks fine. Were there any error messages? Try running openHAB in debug mode: run start_debug.bat instead, and see if there are any messages pertaining to your issue.

@rsstephens Thank you for your reply.
I had tried to use start_debug.bat. but only two valuable information.
15:13:40.656 [DEBUG] [a.d.internal.DSCAlarmActivator:33] - DSC Alarm action has been started.
15:13:40.656 [DEBUG] [.o.a.d.i.DSCAlarmActionService:37] - DSC Alarm Action Service Activated!
I don’t know what my DSC Alarm device needs to be set up.

That is only the DSC Alarm Action bundle. Did you copy the DSC Alarm Binding into the addons directory?

@rsstephens Yes,I have copy the org.openhab.action.dscalarm-1.8.1.jar and org.openhab.binding.dscalarm-1.8.1.jar into the addons directory

I think I see your problem. Version 1.8.1 had a bug in it that prevented the binding from running when the config parameter Dscalarm:deviceType was populated. That bug was fixed in version 1.8.3. You can either leave Dscalarm:deviceType blank and it will automatically default to the it-100 or download the latest version of openHAB from here. Hope this helps.

@rsstephens
Thank you very much for your help. I have solved the problem before.
But now I have a new problem.
I want to bypass the Zone1 next to the area, but it appears:
17:18:02.425 [ERROR] [dscalarm.internal.protocol.API] sendCommand - Command (): Not Sent 2016-12-10 - Invalid!
Here is my item:
ZONE1_BYPASS_MODE Tamper “Switch Bypass Mode Number” (DSCAlarmPartitions) {dscalarm= “zone:1:1:zone_bypass_mode”}
Sitmap:
Frame label=“Zones” {
Text item=ZONE1_GENERAL_STATUS {
Switch item=ZONE1_BYPASS_MODE icon=“MyImages/Zone-Alarm” mappings=[0=“Armed”, 1=“Bypassed”]
}
Thank you.
Best regards.
Zhongbo Guan

@rsstephens

This is the debug log
18:53:24.946 [DEBUG] [.o.b.d.i.DSCAlarmActiveBinding:224 ] - internalReceiveCommand(): Item Name: ZONE1_BYPASS_MODE Command: 0 Item Device Type: ZONE
18:53:24.949 [ERROR] [dscalarm.internal.protocol.API:453 ] - sendCommand(): Command Not Sent - Invalid!
18:53:24.952 [INFO ] [runtime.busevents :22 ] - ZONE1_BYPASS_MODE received command 0
18:53:25.178 [ERROR] [o.u.i.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl:438 ] - Cannot retrieve item ZONE1_ALARM_STATUS for widget org.openhab.model.sitemap.Text
18:53:25.179 [ERROR] [o.u.i.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl:438 ] - Cannot retrieve item ZONE1_ALARM_STATUS for widget org.openhab.model.sitemap.Text
18:53:25.182 [ERROR] [o.u.i.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl:438 ] - Cannot retrieve item ZONE1_FAULT_STATUS for widget org.openhab.model.sitemap.Text
18:53:25.183 [ERROR] [o.u.i.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl:438 ] - Cannot retrieve item ZONE1_FAULT_STATUS for widget org.openhab.model.sitemap.Text
18:53:25.185 [ERROR] [o.u.i.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl:438 ] - Cannot retrieve item ZONE1_TAMPER_STATUS for widget org.openhab.model.sitemap.Text
18:53:25.187 [ERROR] [o.u.i.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl:438 ] - Cannot retrieve item ZONE1_TAMPER_STATUS for widget org.openhab.model.sitemap.Text
ZONE1_BYPASS_MODE Tamper “Switch Bypass Mode Number” (DSCAlarmPartitions)

Thank you
Best regards
Zhongbo Guan

Hello @zhongboguan,

Unfortunately that option only works with the Envisalink. In the binding that option uses the TPI API command 071 which is specific to the Envisalink. You may be able to use the DSC Alarm Action to send a command in a rule that is specific to the IT100. Hope this helps.