DSC Binding Error

I’ve recently setup the DSC binding and am getting the following errors. I have verified the IP address in the openhab.cfg and can login via the web interface with the default user and password. As far as I know, nothing else is connecting. I don’t show anything in the web interface TPI status.

2015-11-30 13:00:04.319 [DEBUG] [d.internal.protocol.APIMessage] - parseAPIMessage(): Message Received (Logi) - Code: Log, Name: Unknown Code, Description: Unknown code received: Log, Data:
2015-11-30 13:00:04.319 [DEBUG] [dscalarm.internal.protocol.API] - open(): Connected = true, Connection Type: TCP
2015-11-30 13:00:04.335 [DEBUG] [o.b.d.i.connector.TCPConnector] - handleIncomingMessage(): Message recieved: Login: - Code: “Log”, Name: “Unknown Code”, Description: “Unknown code received: Log”
2015-11-30 13:00:04.366 [DEBUG] [d.internal.protocol.APIMessage] - parseAPIMessage(): Message Received (FAIL) - Code: FAI, Name: Unknown Code, Description: Unknown code received: FAI, Data:
2015-11-30 13:00:04.366 [DEBUG] [.o.b.d.i.DSCAlarmActiveBinding] - initialize(): Binding initialized!
2015-11-30 13:00:04.382 [DEBUG] [o.b.d.i.connector.TCPConnector] - handleIncomingMessage(): Message recieved: FAILED - Code: “FAI”, Name: “Unknown Code”, Description: “Unknown code received: FAI”
2015-11-30 13:00:04.382 [INFO ] [.service.AbstractActiveService] - DSC Alarm Monitor Service has been started
2015-11-30 13:00:04.397 [DEBUG] [.o.b.d.i.DSCAlarmActiveBinding] - DSC Alarm Execute

2015-11-30 14:16:32.462 [DEBUG] [.o.b.d.i.DSCAlarmActiveBinding] - DSC Alarm Execute
2015-11-30 14:16:32.468 [ERROR] [o.b.d.i.connector.TCPConnector] - write(): {}
java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: socket write error
at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite0(Native Method) ~[na:1.8.0_65]
at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.8.0_65]
at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.8.0_65]
at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.writeBytes(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.8.0_65]
at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.implFlushBuffer(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.8.0_65]
at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.implFlush(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.8.0_65]
at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.flush(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.8.0_65]
at java.io.OutputStreamWriter.flush(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.8.0_65]
at org.openhab.binding.dscalarm.internal.connector.TCPConnector.write(TCPConnector.java:72) ~[bundlefile:na]
at org.openhab.binding.dscalarm.internal.protocol.API.sendCommand(API.java:397) [bundlefile:na]
at org.openhab.binding.dscalarm.internal.DSCAlarmActiveBinding.execute(DSCAlarmActiveBinding.java:131) [bundlefile:na]
at org.openhab.core.binding.AbstractActiveBinding$BindingActiveService.execute(AbstractActiveBinding.java:156) [org.openhab.core_1.7.1.jar:na]
at org.openhab.core.service.AbstractActiveService$RefreshThread.run(AbstractActiveService.java:173) [org.openhab.core_1.7.1.jar:na]
2015-11-30 14:16:32.590 [DEBUG] [dscalarm.internal.protocol.API] - sendCommand(): ‘Poll’ Command Sent - 00090

Hello @Solo,

It appears you have some kind of connection established and it is receiving on the TCP socket, but the connection aborts on the write. The codes you are receiving are not Envisalink TPI codes (i.e. FAI and Log). Are you sure the binding is connecting to the Envisalink? Can you post your full DSC Alarm configuration from the openhab.cfg file?

Here is the config:

############################## DSC Alarm Binding #####################################
#
# DSC Alarm port name for a serial connection.
# Valid values are e.g. COM1 for Windows and /dev/ttyS0 or /dev/ttyUSB0 for Linux.
# Leave undefined if not connecting by serial port.
#dscalarm:serialPort=

# DSC Alarm baud rate for serial connections.
# Valid values are 9600 (default), 19200, 38400, 57600, and 115200.
# Leave undefined if using default.
#dscalarm:baud=

# DSC Alarm IP address for a TCP connection. 
# Leave undefined if not connecting by network connection.
dscalarm:ip=192.168.1.211

# DSC Alarm password for logging into the EyezOn Envisalink 3/2DS interface.
#dscalarm:password=user

# DSC Alarm user code for logging certain DSC Alarm commands.
#dscalarm:usercode=

# DSC Alarm poll period.
# Amount of time elapsed in minutes between poll commands sent to the DSC Alarm.
# Valid values are 1-15 (Default = 1).
#dscalarm:pollPeriod=

The config file looks fine. That is the IP address for the Envisalink?

Yes, I’ve even cut and paste into the browser to ensure I did not make a typo. Web page comes up fine. I do also pay for the monitoring service from Envisalink. Would that cause an issue?

I wouldn’t think so. What operating system are you using for openHAB?

Windows 10

Have you tried disabling the Windows firewall?

@Solo,
Double check that the TPI is configured for DSC, and not with the Ademco mode (which is only for Ademco panels)

The Ademco TPI starts the conversation with “Login:” which equates to the 3-char truncated “Log” that the DSC binding emits near the top of its output.

Ah, makes perfect sense. Thanks @guessed.

How do I check this? I’m using a Honeywell alarm if that matters.

Crud, I see the problem. The binding is DSC specific. The Honeywell TPI is totally different. Any chance someone is working on a Honeywell version?

Yes, unfortunately the binding is specific to the DSC Alarm system. Sorry about that. Maybe this posting can be helpful:

Ademco Vista with Eyez-On-EVL3 Can it be connected to OpenHab.