DSMR Binding port settings empty

I’m running OH 2.1 on a raspberry pi 3and have the DSMR binding installed. No things can be added and the log contains the following:
19:46:01.641 [INFO ] [ab.binding.dsmr.internal.DSMRBinding] - dsmr:portsettings setting is empty. Ignored
19:46:01.644 [WARN ] [ab.binding.dsmr.internal.DSMRBinding] - Invalid value 1.0 for dsmr:gas.channel. Ignore mapping!
java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "1.0"
at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:65)[:1.8.0_121]
at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:580)[:1.8.0_121]
at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:615)[:1.8.0_121]
at org.openhab.binding.dsmr.internal.DSMRBinding.updated(DSMRBinding.java:220)[199:org.openhab.binding.dsmr:1.10.0]
at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.helper.ManagedServiceTracker.updated(ManagedServiceTracker.java:189)[3:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.8.12]
at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.helper.ManagedServiceTracker.updateService(ManagedServiceTracker.java:152)[3:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.8.12]
at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.helper.ManagedServiceTracker.provideConfiguration(ManagedServiceTracker.java:85)[3:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.8.12]
at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.ConfigurationManager$UpdateConfiguration.run(ConfigurationManager.java:1772)[3:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.8.12]
at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.UpdateThread.run0(UpdateThread.java:141)[3:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.8.12]
at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.UpdateThread.run(UpdateThread.java:109)[3:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.8.12]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)[:1.8.0_121]
19:46:01.648 [INFO ] [ab.binding.dsmr.internal.DSMRBinding] - dsmr:water.channel setting is empty
19:46:01.652 [INFO ] [ab.binding.dsmr.internal.DSMRBinding] - dsmr:heating.channel setting is empty
19:46:01.654 [INFO ] [ab.binding.dsmr.internal.DSMRBinding] - dsmr:cooling.channel setting is empty
19:46:01.656 [INFO ] [ab.binding.dsmr.internal.DSMRBinding] - dsmr:generic.channel setting is empty
19:46:01.658 [INFO ] [ab.binding.dsmr.internal.DSMRBinding] - dsmr:slaveelectricity.channel setting is empty

I’ve set the correct serial port through the bindings configuration (/dev/ttyUSB0).

My “slimme meter” is a Kaifa MA304.

Any suggestions how to fix this would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: I hooked it up to a Raspberry with Domoticz ans there it works. The Domoticz log shows it is DSMR 4.2. Maybe that is the problem?

The binding is expecting an integer value and attempting to interpret the string value as such. But the string represents a float value instead.

Thanks for the reply! The main thing i don’t understand is why the first line is that the port settings are empt. Channel 0 is reserved for electricity but that does not seem to return a value at all.

This is a complaint that the dsmr.cfg file does not contain a portsettings configuration item. It really should not be an INFO message, as that item is optional, and the docs say:

The DSMR binding will automatically detect the applicable serial port settings.

Same thing here. It complains about portsettings until I added them. And the 1 in the config file for the gas meter is a float in the log…

How dit you add the port setting? If I uncomment the port in the configfile it the same error keeps appearing in the log.

Does the binding allow you to add things?

I tried lots of things: There is a undocumented portsettings setting that I used to specify the baud-rate and parity bit. That took care of that. But I can’t get rid of the error of the float that is inserted in the channel settings.

Ok, that’s great! Could you please describe the undocumented setting to set the port and baud rate? That would help to me to get a step forward.

portsettings="115200 8n1"
The 115200 is the baud rate for my smart-meter.

I was able to get rid of the gas.channel message. Go to the binding configuration in Paper UI, click Expert mode, remove the value of the gas.channel parameter and click save. Now the message in the log is gone.

Is this how you set the port setting or did you do that somewere else?
And have you been able to get a value of the electricity?