[Duplicate] Google Assistant lies to me

My Google assistant started working correctly today. All ON and OFF commands work and give the correct response. I haven’t done anything new other than update some group names in my .items files which was nothing to do with Google assistant, just openHAB groupings.

nice to hear that,i still have that very annoying problem and its now worst.I get “Sorry i cant reach X right now please try again” even at the “OFF” commands.I avoid using google assistant for this…

Just said “Hey Google, turn on my living room table lamp”, the lamp is on, and my Google mini chimes. I can confirm that my Google home is back to perfect condition . The issue of “Sorry I can’t reach…” disappeared.

@MARZIMA I guess you published the promised fixes and improvements, right?

So funny, for a good two or three weeks i kept saying “Google you lie!”.
I can confirm that it was fixed (without me changing anything) a couple days ago.

2 Likes

one of my google home minis finally stopped giving the false answer “Sorry i cant reach…” only for a day though…My other google home devices kept answering wrong. Still not fixed for me :frowning:

I am still experiencing the Sorry I cannot reach message. Anyone having luck in resolving this?

I’m still getting the ‘sorry’ message :frowning:

Mine commands execute and the response is a simple beep now - this is only for lights and matches what this article says - maybe they are still rolling it out and getting it right?

Mine have done this for seveal weeks now…
It happens when you ask it to control something is the same room it´s configured to. (ie if you GH device is in your kitchen, and you ask it to turn on the light in the kitchen. It respons with a “bib”. But if you ask the same GH device to turn on the light in another room, it respons with “okay… blablabla”).

And it sure makes alot of sense… Why interrupt you with a long voice sentens notifying you about stuff you can see… (ie the lights turn on… No reason having Google telling you the light turns on… You are in the same location, you can see it yourself :slight_smile: ).

From what I’ve read that is only for lighting - smart plugs/switches still talk to you but haven’t confirmed

+1 just got back from vacation, and the grumbling has stopped - both for lights and for routines. No more lying! Great stuff whoever sorted it!