Duplicate resource

Watching at runtime messages, I noticed that when I make requests to openhab (1.7.1), on every alter from habdroid to pc web browser and vice versa there is a message …

[osphere.cpr.DefaultBroadcaster] - Duplicate resource 8fe037d3-4a43-4c06-80c7-39e286380a91. Could be caused by a dead connection not detected by your server. Replacing the old one with the fresh one_

Trying a combination of requests, I noticed that this also happens when habdroid disconnects and reconnects to network. In every reconnection the hex-id (8fe037d3-4a43-4c06-80c7-39e286380a91) of the resource changes.

Any ideas about this? Is there a way to fix it?

I see the warnings as well. They are just warnings and do not impact performance or functionality so I just ignore them.

i’ve come up with a way they do affect performance and/or functionality…

rules are very slow to run the first time, and then fast after that. seems this issue is causing them to be reloaded (as if it’s the first run) after being idle for a while…i.e. i press a proxy switch which runs a rule. if it’s the first time, it takes significantly more time to run…second and subsequent presses are almost instant. with this issue, it’s making these new presses act as first presses and taking forever again…

While I don’t disbelieve your observations, the error is coming from the athmosphere framework which is involved with the REST API and sitemap web communication traffic. I don’t think it has anything at all to do with the rules engine. Unless the warning is causing something to occur that is causing a reload of the rules files, for which I’ve seen no evidence, the two shouldn’t be related.

My guess is that it has to do with the ongoing connection between a client and the api. I’ve found that there are quite a few times where the client (either habdroid or a web browser) doesn’t do very well at keeping states updated when an item is changed. I was just trying to figure out what that error was, and when I don’t see that error much, the UI tends to stay updated. When I’m seeing it a fair amount, the UI isn’t updating and I’m having to refresh my client to see the changes.

Same issue here,
It started when i started including 2 fibaro motion sensors gen 5.
I went trough the old logs and never had this before.
I updated the binding to the latest version and it still doing the same thing.
Rebooting the Nas or openhab did not solve this.
When i restart openhab 1.8.2 it pops up right after zwave initialisation ?.
If this is caused by habdroid or webinterface why am i seeing this right after reboot when noting has been activated yet ?.

Kindest regards

I’m pretty sure what is causing this warning in my case.
It is the Android APP accessing OH…

Of course, it is a combination of reasons and not just that.
In my case, the error appears when the Android APP is accessing a ‘Webview’ element.
Accessing the same element from any browser, does not give any issues (including Android).

I’m using OH_1.8.3, app_1.7.0.1
No fibaro, zwave, or any newly installed binding…

I updated the app to 1.8.0.3 and I still get the same warning once I open the app.

Exactly the same here. No issues when manipulating from my web browser, but when manipulating from the openHAB Android app on my smartphone, I get the duplicate resources issues.
But I don’t experience delays or whatsoever from those messages. Looks like something I can safely (???) ignore for the moment.

openHAB 1.8.3 on Windows 10 Home edition and on Android smartphone.