Duplicates of items, issue with paper Ui/config files?

I suspect that some things either by the binding got duplicated or the paperUI. I normally just use the paperUI to install addons(maybe I am old fashioned, or frustrated that paper Ui does not modify/update or create .items file but rather json files and then you add up with both json and .items file that you need to keep track off )

I got this warning now:

2018-11-04 23:19:57.532 [WARN ] [ore.common.registry.AbstractRegistry] - GroupItem with key 'Alexa_Kitchen' already exists from provider GenericItemProvider! Failed to add a second with the same UID from provider GenericItemProvider!

2018-11-04 23:19:57.593 [WARN ] [ore.common.registry.AbstractRegistry] - GroupItem with key 'Alexa_Bathroom' already exists from provider GenericItemProvider! Failed to add a second with the same UID from provider GenericItemProvider!

2018-11-04 23:19:57.887 [WARN ] [ore.co

How can I get rid of this warning?

Assuming you are wanting these to be defined in .items files…

1. Make sure the Items do not in the Item.json file. If they appear, delete them from the file. You can do this by hand. Just delete the whole JSON record. Shutdown OH first.
  2. Make sure the Items do not appear in the link.ItemChannelLink.json. If they do, delete the record.
  3. Make sure the Items do not appear in Metadata.json. If they do, delete the record.
  4. If you edited any JSON file and had to stop OH first, start OH again now.

This should clear out the duplicate Items.

There is a bug I think where if you have a PaperUI defined Item and delete the Item without first deleting the Link, the entry in the Link sticks around and confuses the Item Registry.

1 Like