Dusun Pi4 Gateway introduction

Hi there,

I want to introduce an all-in-one gateway in development.

We are still improving his features to meet the needs of our target customers.
I would like to know if there are any points you can improve and how much you are willing to pay for this product?

https://www.dusuniot.com/product-specification/dusun-pi4/

As an all in one smart home hub (a combination of router, gateway, PC and TV box), Dusun Pi4 pre-installed with openHAB, is a cost-effecive and high performance choice for smart home IoT solutions.

• Built in Rockchip RK3568J processor, LPDDR4 8G, up to 128GB eMMC…
  • Running in multiple systems: Linux, Debian, Android, Ubantu etc.
  • Rich interface: WAN/LAN, USB3.0 A*2, USB 3.0 type-c, mipi csi, HDMI, audio.
  • Ultra storage: up to 512GB M.2 SSD, SSD card support.
  • Protocols: Wi-Fi, Z-WAVE, Zigbee3.0, LoRaWAN, GPS, Sig Mesh, Sub-G and Matter

Despite the (misleading?) name, this hardware doesn’t use a Raspberry Pi4, correct?

What is the price for 1off? (Don’t ask me to click the Quote Now button on the website and fill in a form)

EDIT
I see you have now edited your post with

We are still improving his features to meet the needs of our target customers.
I would like to know if there are any points you can improve and how much you are willing to pay for this product?

So you’re looking for feedback.

First of all I dishonour using the “PI” naming. This is misleading and just wants to take advantage of an existing brand.

To be honest I don’t like the mix of a TV box and PC with the Smart Home part.
A smart home box in my opinion should be something that runs somewhere (ideally in a REG case, but that is some local thing) without users interacting. Stability is key. And the less things you mix the more stability you usually get.
Powering through PoE is a good thing but should not rely on an additional module but be built in. The less internal connectors the more, guess…, stability.
USB 3.0 is outdated, 3.1 Gen2 is what I would expect - Power Supply and Video on this single cable is better than separate power port plus HDMI. The less cables, the better.
As for the buzz-words listed under “protocols”: How to connect all this additional hardware? The number of USB ports is limited and an internal solution does not allow to position the antennas at an optimized position. I prefer USB devices that, in additional, can be swapped on my personal demand and can run with a different main unit if required.

So overall rating from my side would be:
This again is something that wants follow the “one size fits all” approach to increase the number of potential target customers.
Nevertheless a nice piece, but personally I do not see the need to buy it.

1 Like

Honestly i am struggling to see who your target customers are.

I doubt you will find many on this forum.

To be fair to Dusun, there’s definitely historical precedent:

…and probably others. Not that I disagree with you!

(I say this as the person who also wrote “misleading”, but then edited to include the question mark and parenthesis!)