E500 Server Error when trying to edit Z-wave Things in paperUI

Hi all,

since shortly I get en error when trying to edit Z-wave things in PaperUI. I tried for more than one thing and both in Chrome and Edge I get the following error:
E500 - Internal Server Error

I’m not so familiar with HABMIN but when I try to enable “show advanced settings” I don’t get an error but nothing changes…in other words also in HABMIN I’m not able to check settings like polling.

This is my current setup
Rasp Pi 3 Model B with Buster
OPENHAB 2.5.0-1
Only one binding in use : Zwave 2.5.0

I cannot be sure as of when I’m having this issue I’m 100% positive that it all worked fine a couple of weeks ago. Also all the rest seems to be working well.
I upgraded from Openhab 2.4 to 2.5 a couple of days ago… Again, no way for me to say that this is the rootcause of the issue but it could be the case.

Anyway, does anybody know how to solve the issue?

Regards,
Mario

Try using HABmin to edit. Many of us prefer that for working with zwave devices and the documentation says it is the preferred UI for that.

@Bruce_Osborne

In other words that is also not working.

BTW, just executed a reboot (you never know) but still not working (both Habmin & PaperUI)

Grts

1 Like

Did you stop OH first?

You might want to try cleaning the cache as well.

sudo systemctl stop openhab2

sudo openhab-cli clean-cache

sudo systemctl start openhab2 or sudo reboot

1 Like

NO, I just did a sudo reboot now

That seems to have made things worse.
Now the Openhab web interface is not alive anymore.
A
Openhab-cli status
tells me that OPENHAB2 is active!

Checking active ports on the rasp tells me that there is no http on 8080 active
Also a telnet localhost 8080 says it cannot connect.

It looks like the webserver did not restart.

In the meanwhile I have execute a second systemctl start openhab2 and also a sudo reboot

…same result!

What now?

What are in the logs? (openhab.log and event.log)

Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.eclipse.smarthome.io.transport.serial

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:444) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:383) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
    at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1260) [bundleFile:3.6.4]
    at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1233) [bundleFile:3.6.4]
    at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startAllBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1221) [bundleFile:3.6.4]
    at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:515) [bundleFile:3.6.4]
    at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:365) [bundleFile:3.6.4]
    at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:316) [bundleFile:3.6.4]

I’m going though them at the moment, will be back in a moment :slight_smile:

I just did a new stop/start openhab2 to obtain a clean log: this is the result

2020-01-08 19:47:57.399 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab2/addons/org.openhab.binding.zwave-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.zwave [23]
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.eclipse.smarthome.io.transport.serial

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:444) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:383) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1260) [bundleFile:3.6.4]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1233) [bundleFile:3.6.4]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startAllBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1221) [bundleFile:3.6.4]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:515) [bundleFile:3.6.4]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:365) [bundleFile:3.6.4]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:316) [bundleFile:3.6.4]

2020-01-08 19:48:07.487 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab2/addons/org.openhab.binding.zwave-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.zwave [23]

‘’’

It there an addons jar on the addons folder?
2.5.0 SNAPSHOT addons are not designed to run in 2.5 Stable.

You need to install the serial driver. feature`install-transport-serial

[20:13:37] openhabian@openhab:/usr/share/openhab2/addons$ ls
README
backup_and_update.sh
org.openhab.binding.zwave-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
archive
org.apache.servicemix.bundles.xstream-1.4.7_1.jar
zzManualInstaller.sh

Remove those jar files and install zwave from the Paper ui. That addon was designed for an older build of openHAB.

While this is true, it will work fine.

I was going to install the serial driver and bounced into another problem.

sudo openhab-cli console

Logging in as openhab
Failed to get the session.

Default password is habopen for the console per the docs:

The default username/password is openhab:habopen , so enter habopen at the password prompt.

#

After getting into the console add the serial driver as Chris mentioned above.

True but failed to get session indicates OH did not get fully running in Karaf.

1 Like

Good to know as I have never had that happen.

There may be corruption as OP was rebooting without stopping OH first.

On Linux systems rebooting shuts down OH first. That is default UNIX-like system behaviour.

I’ve read that is not the case but I will take your word for it as you have much more experience with Linux/Unix than me. :wink:

1 Like