Easy overview of light states in basic UI

Hi, I like to have an overview of my lights are on or off in basic ui.
Did anybody come up with an easy solution for this?
I guess one could map the brightness of each light or make a rule that controls a switch and displays this.

not sure if i truly understand your question but this is how i see my lights in Basic UI.

First an general overview showing the amount of lights that are actually on (verlichting)

Then after clicking on “verlichting” a more detailed view on my lights showing on/off an dim levels.

1 Like

simply build a group for every light:

Group:Switch:OR(ON,OFF) allLights "Lights switched on: [%d]" <light>

insert all Lights to this group.
in your sitemap use

Text item=allLights {
//insert all single light items here with option visibility=[itemname==ON] or [itemname!=0] for dimmers 
}
1 Like

You mean: Group:Switch:OR(ON,OFF) allLights “Lights switched on: [%d]” <light> :smiley:
Thanks! :slight_smile:

:slight_smile: Yes, damn typos… …did the correction above…

This idea was very helpfull for me. I made a new… design decision for my home to have a seperate group for the yard lights and a seperate for the balcony lights.
If one or more are ON, i show this on the top page of the sitemap to have a visual notification.

This solved me my problem of accassionly forgoting a light lit for the whole night and the following day.

You can incorporate an “All off” switch as well:

Text item=allLights {
Switch item=allLights mappings=[OFF="All off!"]
//insert all single light items here with option visibility=[itemname==ON] or [itemname!=0] for dimmers 
}
1 Like