eBUS Binding 3.x [3.4.0;3.9.9)

Hi Chris,

i observed similar behaviour. Also saw “Online” while the controller didn’t work. Use Karaf and check: openhab:ebus list and openhab:ebus devices. In the failure case, i got “null” in the list and no devices.
After i replaced a WiFi connection against a LAN cable, i have never seen this again.

@csowada
The “Online” signal is definetely not representative for a real connection…

I would replace it by a wired connection if I could, but I do with what I can for now.

@csowada What is triggering the watchdog to reset the connection ? Should it have been triggered here, or should the condition to trigger it be modified for when openhab:ebus devices is getting an empty list, tested on regular basis ?

For now I’m trying a new thing to mitigate my stability issue by using usbd on a docker to let it manage the reconnection to the ebusd interface, let’s see how it goes, and happy Xmas !

Does ebus 3.1.13 also work with OH 3.2?

Sorry, I’m not sure. I’ll check it next days. If not I’ll build a new version.

That would be great. Any mews on that?

I’ve release a new version for openHAB 3.2. No changes except updates dependencies.

Thank you!

hello, after update to 3.2 i got this error:

19:06:52.489 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall         ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab/addons/org.openhab.binding.ebus-3.2.14.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.ebus [287]
  Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.openhab.core.io.transport.serial

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:463) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.16.300.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:445) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.16.300.jar:?]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1260) [bundleFile:3.7.2]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1233) [bundleFile:3.7.2]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:520) [bundleFile:3.7.2]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:365) [bundleFile:3.7.2]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:316) [bundleFile:3.7.2]

Please use the Kar file or install the serial module by hand.

oh, stupid mistake.

do you also know, why i can’t change my heating mode in the new version?

19:53:58.734 [ERROR] [.internal.things.EBusTypeProviderImpl] - **Error on loading configuration by url: The property 'label' is missing for the configuration! [ URL: file:/etc/openhab2/ebus-config-new/vaillant/vaillant_template.json ]**

19:53:58.736 [INFO ] [.internal.things.EBusTypeProviderImpl] - **Load custom 'url1' configuration file 'file:///etc/openhab2/ebus-config-new/vaillant/39200.15.392_configuration.json' ...**

19:53:58.769 [ERROR] [.internal.things.EBusTypeProviderImpl] - **Error on loading configuration by url: Unable to find a template for id vaillant.templ.temp! [ URL: file:/etc/openhab2/ebus-config-new/vaillant/39200.15.392_configuration.json ]**

19:53:58.772 [INFO ] [.internal.things.EBusTypeProviderImpl] - **Load custom 'url2' configuration file 'file:///etc/openhab/ebusoh3/39200.15.392_configuration.json' ...**

19:53:58.805 [ERROR] [.internal.things.EBusTypeProviderImpl] - **Error on loading configuration by url: Unable to find a template for id vaillant.templ.temp! [ URL: file:/etc/openhab/ebusoh3/39200.15.392_configuration.json ]**

edit:
i add

“id”: “vaillant”,
“label”: “RO label”,
“description”: “this is template”,

and now it works fine :slight_smile:

OpenHAB 3.2 where to configure custom-files (json)?

I have running OpenHAB 3.2 with ebus binding 3.1.13 since a while and cleaned up old directories with openhab2. Have two custom-json files installed, which are placed now in /etc/openhab.
After Restart of the raspberry ebus don’t found the file (so far, so clear). Wanted to change the config to the new path - but I do not find the eBus-binding in the overview of Openhab-Settings to change via UI.
Where can I find it ?

Not part of the question, but as additional info … have running ebus 3.1.13. during investigation found out, that ebus can also install via marketplace. Did it, version 3.2.14 was installed. Bud is not running, do not find the adapter. Also installation of ebus 3.2.14 whitout marketplace - still as kar-file do not find the adapter. Now I am back to ebus 3.1.13. Those is running, my custom-json files are placed currently in path /etc/openhab2.
But even I had ebus (3.2.14) installed via markedplace - in those situation I found the bundle in the settings. There was no option to set path of custom files.
I am a little bit confused…
Maybe someone has an idea?
Regards - Roland

1 Like

I have the same issue like @Roland62.

Coming from OH2.5, where the custom files can be configiured via the UI, I was not able to find a possibility to add a configuration bundle to OH3, neither in th UI nor by a ebus binding configuration file.

Any help is appreciated

Later on I found out, that the configuration of custom files is stored in
/var/lib/openhab/config/binding/ebus.config
A change become active after restart.

It is only a workaround, but in this way possible to do a configuration change…

Did not get it working :frowning:

How does your /var/lib/openhab/config/binding/ebus.config look like?

Here my file. To be sure inclusive access-rights
openhabian@openHABianPi:/var/lib/openhab/config/binding $ ls -l ebus.config
-rw-rw-r-- 1 openhab openhab 230 Jan 11 22:11 ebus.config
openhabian@openHABianPi:/var/lib/openhab/config/binding $ cat ebus.config
:org.apache.felix.configadmin.revision:=L"122"
configurationUrl=“file:///etc/openhab/vaillant-vms02-configuration.json”
configurationUrl1=“file:///etc/openhab/vaillant-bai-custom-configuration.json”
service.pid=“binding.ebus”

Thank you. I was not aware that I had to restart openHAB, not only the binding.

can someone please tell me how I can add my own configuration file with the textual configuration.

Bridge ebus:bridge:Home "eBUS Bridge" @ "ebus"      [ ipAddress="192.168.1.231", port="5000", masterAddress="FF",advancedLogging=true, configurationUrl="file:///Openhab/conf/html/ebus/wolf-bm1-configuration.json"]

that’s not how it works.

See two posts above yours from Roland. You include the configuration files in /var/lib/openhab/config/binding/ebus.config. The configuration files are for the eBus binding, not specific for a thing.

Another way is via the openHab UI, menu Things, click the “+” (is it still there in 3.2?) to add a Thing and then you will see the eBus binding with a cog wheel next to it. Click the cog and you get a menu to add links to your configuration file(s).

1 Like

hi, excuse for my stupid request, but I’m installing ebus 3 on a new installation: I added eusbd bridge to the ip of my ebusd installation, and it’s green.
the issue is that the scan don’t found any objects, in the karaf console I only see:
[DEBUG] [nternal.services.EBusDiscoveryService] - Starting eBUS discovery scan …

I used ebus binding 2.5 without any issue.