Ebus binding

Hi Nikoraes, thanks for that, would you know how I could access the analog input? Set a voltage using a DtoA converter or something? Or could the Koppler emulate an eBus thermostat?

Many thanks
Hagrid.

(Edit - I was trying to respond to Nikoraes’ reply to me from 6 days ago, the message threading is not how I intended)

@Tomek Your item definition is wrong
It should be this (check the set definition):
Number e_HC1_curve “HC1 Heating curve[%.1f]” {ebus=“id:heating.temp_hcurve, cmd:heating.temp_hcurve, dst:15 , refresh:300, set:heating.set_temp_hcurve.temp_hcurve”}

In my case there is also only one decimal. So I would think a step of 0.1 would be better jn your sitemap.

@hagrid67 Of course you could try to emulate the ebus thermostat by sending the b5 10 commands. The ebus coupler is quite expensive, but even if it wouldn’t work you would be able to read some useful commands so it wouldn’t be a complete waste.
Please note that most of these commands still need to be included in a configuration file for this binding.

For the analog input you need to check the installation manual first. I have an analog input on pins 7,8,9 but I’m not sure if they all have them. I also couldn’t find which voltage is expected. To test, I would first try with a manual potentiometer.
To control the boiler you could then use a spi digital potentiometer for example (on arduino or directly on a rpi). I’ve done this for an extract fan and its doable, but a lot of work.

Buying a vrc470(f) would probably be a lot easier and more reliable…

@nikoraes
It’s seems to not works
After few minutes It always return to old value

Hello,

I have the same issue. After some time (probably after refreshing information from the bus) new program or heating curve values return to old values.

Maybe this is related to the hardware part. What kind of ebus coupler do you use?

Hello @andrzej_szymkowicz
I have ebus-> ethernet coupler

Hello Tomek,

I think the values are never set by the ebus binding, but openhab set the new value automatically. openhab core change the value if you press a switch, not the binding! So after a while the binding refreshes the value from the heating unit and sets the value back to the right value.

I would check the timing for collision detection, this is time critical. The ethernet coupler has a higher delay than the serial coupler.

I created a binding with timing infos in the log files. So please try this Version an modify your logback.xml file.

Add this two lines:

<logger name="org.openhab.binding.ebus.internal.connection.EBusTCPConnector" level="DEBUG" />
<logger name="org.openhab.binding.ebus.internal.connection.AbstractEBusWriteConnector" level="DEBUG" />

after

<logger name="org.openhab" level="INFO"/>

and remove all other log entries starting with org.openhab.binding.ebus. Than you should get logs like this:

2015-12-23 19:29:41.428 [DEBUG] [i.c.AbstractEBusWriteConnector] - Write-Collision Check Roundtrip: 10563 us
2015-12-23 19:29:41.491 [DEBUG] [i.c.AbstractEBusWriteConnector] - Succcesful send: 00 35 50 22 03 FF 74 27 2B 00 02 01 00 B7 00 AA

Maybe there are some retries etc. But you can see that my develop computer need about 10ms for the collision detection. Not optimal, my serial adapter need less than 5ms. But it works.

Could you send me than the full log from start (max. 10min).

Hello @csowadaopenhab.pdf (53.9 KB)
Its my log. I have to change .log tp .pdf :slight_smile: because log file can’t be upluaded :smile:
Let me know if its OK
One more thing. I tray to check all command from JSON configuration for vaillant-vrc430
and most of them works fine
HC1 Heating curve - as I mentioned I can read value but can’t set
HC1 Day set point - not work I can’t read and I can’t set value. The strange is that I can’t find this entries in https://github.com/john30/ebusd-configuration/blob/master/ebusd-1.x.x/vaillant_de/470.csv
As I understand I should look for "“0D 27 00” data (read) and “0E 27 00 00” (set) but I can’t find it.
(The HC1 Night set point works fine)
Regards
Tomek

Hello again
I loose my mind…
I change name of old ebus binding in addons from org.openhab.binding.ebus-1.8.0-SNAPSHOT.jar to org.openhab.binding.ebus-1.8.0-SNAPSHOT.jar.old, next move to another directory and I put the new version from https://github.com/csowada/openhab/releases.
and … all items stop working …
Items corresponding to https://github.com/csowada/openhab/blob/ebus-update-pr1/bundles/binding/org.openhab.binding.ebus/docs/json-files/vaillant-vrc430.md ( besides heating.temp_d_day and heating.temp_curve) works only with binding org.openhab.binding.ebus-1.8.0-SNAPSHOT.jar.pdf (93.5 KB) ( I had to add pdf extension to successful upload file)
I can explain it…

I tested a few set items again. I never noticed because I don’t change it remotely very often, but I have the same issue with the heating curve. The value indeed gets overwritten again. I thought it had worked some time ago, but apparently now it doesn’t. I checked the configuration again but I can’t find any error.
Does this work with ebusd for you?

For the programs I can confirm this works as I use it every day.

Changing the day and night set points works as well, but only without decimals.

I am using the USB ebus coupler from the same supplier.

In the ebusd csv files you need to look for 2700. The rest is on different lines. It’s called hc1daytemp there.

@nikoraes
Which version ebus bindig do you use ?
I openhab.cfg have you following entries?
ebus:parserUrl=platform:/base/…/configurations/ebus-config.json (vrc430)
ebus:parsers=custom

Hello Tomek,

please note that some ids has changed a bit. Here two that you are using.

dhw_circuit_program --> program_dhw_circuit
heating_circuit_program --> program_heating_circuit

I also analysed your log and it looks good, similar timing than my ethernet connection. All send tries where successful, no retries, no collisions.

For me it is important to know if the binding in general has problems or only some commands are not processed by the heating unit. As I understood @nikoraes right, other set commands are working.

BTW: The latest release is this here.

Ok, but today is christmas eve and I’ve to leave with my family our relatives.

I wish you all merry christmas …:christmas_tree:

Hello @csowada
Many thanks for Your helps:)
And I wish you all merry christmas too:):christmas_tree:

@nikoraes
I’m looking in https://github.com/john30/ebusd-configuration/blob/master/ebusd-1.x.x/vaillant_de/430.csv
and I can’t find hc1daytemp or 2700

You’re right. Apparently it’s another difference between the thermostats.

Probably you need this one
Hc1ManualOPRoomTempDesired
32 00

But this wasn’t included in the configuration yet.

Great:)
I modify ebus-config.json ( change Set HC1 Day Setpoint and HC1 Day Setpoint to Id’s from Hc1ManualOPRoomTempDesired) and it works :smile:
Many thanks and I wish You Marry Christmas

Tomasz,

Can you send me please your configuration for 430 and binding version/download link?

Thanks in advance

OK
These are my files: items, json,sitemap, and bindings
I also modify openhab.cfg
ebus:parserUrl=platform:/base/…/configurations/ebus-config.json
ebus:parsers=custom

Can we switch to Polish ?

Regards
Tomek
org.openhab.binding.ebus-1.8.0-SNAPSHOT.jar.pdf (93.5 KB)

ebus-config.json (7.06 KB)

Just change “.jpg” to “.zip” and unpack it

Thanks a lot.
Can you also send me items configuration.