Ebus questions

Hello,

OH 2.0.0.b4
ebus Binding: 1.9.0.b4
ebus coupler: https://goo.gl/3my8vw

I am in the process of testing OH2 and my ebus coupler, but I don’t seem to be getting any information…
The binding doesn’t report any errors.

My ebus.cfg:

hostname=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
port=5000
parsers=common,vaillant-bai00,vaillant-vrc470
senderId=FF

Here’s a couple of lines from my items (I added all common, bai00 and vrc470 items to see which ones I would use):

Number  ebus_common_common_identification_vendor            "Vendor [%d]"                                                      (vaillant)  { ebus="id:common.identification.vendor, cmd:common.identification" }
Number  ebus_common_auto_stroker_performance_burner         "Setting degree between min. and max. boiler performance [%d %%]"  (vaillant)  { ebus="id:auto_stroker.performance_burner, refresh:10" }
Number  ebus_common_auto_stroker_status_auto_stroker        "Status indication [%d]"                                           (vaillant)  { ebus="id:auto_stroker.status_auto_stroker, refresh:10" }

And here’s the (debug) log of restarting the ebus bundle (I snipped a bit to reduce the amount of lines):

09:41:18.503 [DEBUG] [ab.binding.ebus.internal.EBusBinding] - Connector thread successfully shutdown ...
09:41:18.503 [DEBUG] [ab.binding.ebus.internal.EBusBinding] - eBus binding has been stopped.
09:41:18.507 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.ebus            ] - ServiceEvent UNREGISTERING - {org.openhab.model.item.binding.BindingConfigReader, org.openhab.binding.ebus.EBusBindingProvider}={component.name=org.openhab.binding.ebus.genericbindin
gprovider, component.id=175, service.id=363, service.bundleid=196, service.scope=bundle} - org.openhab.binding.ebus
09:41:18.517 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.ebus            ] - BundleEvent STOPPED - org.openhab.binding.ebus
09:41:18.518 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.ebus            ] - BundleEvent STARTING - org.openhab.binding.ebus
09:41:18.520 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.ebus            ] - ServiceEvent REGISTERED - {org.openhab.model.item.binding.BindingConfigReader, org.openhab.binding.ebus.EBusBindingProvider}={component.name=org.openhab.binding.ebus.genericbindingpr
ovider, component.id=192, service.id=397, service.bundleid=196, service.scope=bundle} - org.openhab.binding.ebus
09:41:18.520 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.ebus            ] - ServiceEvent REGISTERED - {org.osgi.service.cm.ManagedService, org.osgi.service.event.EventHandler}={event.topics=openhab/*, service.pid=org.openhab.ebus, component.name=org.openhab.
binding.ebus, component.id=191, service.id=398, service.bundleid=196, service.scope=bundle} - org.openhab.binding.ebus
09:41:18.534 [DEBUG] [rnal.connection.EBusCommandProcessor] - Remove all polling items for this provider from scheduler ...
09:41:18.534 [DEBUG] [ab.binding.ebus.internal.EBusBinding] - eBus binding has been started.
09:41:18.535 [DEBUG] [.internal.EBusGenericBindingProvider] - Process binding cfg for ebus_common_common_identification_vendor with settings id:common.identification.vendor, cmd:common.identification [Context:cv.items]
09:41:18.535 [DEBUG] [rnal.connection.EBusCommandProcessor] - Binding changed for item ebus_common_common_identification_vendor
09:41:18.538 [DEBUG] [.internal.EBusGenericBindingProvider] - Process binding cfg for ebus_common_common_time with settings id:common.time [Context:cv.items]
09:41:18.538 [DEBUG] [rnal.connection.EBusCommandProcessor] - Binding changed for item ebus_common_common_time
09:41:18.538 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.ebus            ] - BundleEvent STARTED - org.openhab.binding.ebus
09:41:18.542 [INFO ] [ab.binding.ebus.internal.EBusBinding] - Update eBus Binding configuration ...
09:41:18.543 [DEBUG] [ab.binding.ebus.internal.EBusBinding] - Load eBus Parser Configuration "common" ...
09:41:18.608 [DEBUG] [ab.binding.ebus.internal.EBusBinding] - Load eBus Parser Configuration "vaillant-bai00" ...
09:41:18.621 [DEBUG] [ab.binding.ebus.internal.EBusBinding] - Load eBus Parser Configuration "vaillant-vrc470" ...
09:41:18.630 [INFO ] [nal.parser.EBusConfigurationProvider] - Identical filter already loaded ... vaillant-bai00-configuration.json >>> <Boiler> Status of internal pump D.010 AND vaillant-vrc470-configuration.json >>> <DHW> Domestic Hot Water Setpoint
09:41:18.630 [INFO ] [nal.parser.EBusConfigurationProvider] - Identical filter already loaded ... vaillant-bai00-configuration.json >>> <Boiler> Outside temperature D.047 (°C) AND vaillant-vrc470-configuration.json >>> <Heating> VF1 temperature (°C)
09:41:20.277 [DEBUG] [nal.connection.AbstractEBusConnector] - Received telegram was invalid, skip!
09:41:22.255 [DEBUG] [inding.ebus.internal.parser.Analyses] - 10 08 B5 11 01 01 89 00 AA
09:41:22.255 [DEBUG] [inding.ebus.internal.parser.Analyses] -   >>> Unknown ----------------------------------------
09:41:23.537 [WARN ] [rnal.connection.EBusCommandProcessor] - No data to send for item ebus_common_controller2_temp_d_boiler! Check your item configuration.
09:41:24.537 [WARN ] [rnal.connection.EBusCommandProcessor] - No data to send for item ebus_common_controller2_performance_forced! Check your item configuration.

Am i doing something wrong?
Is there any more documentation (except for the binding wiki on OH’s github)?

Thanks in advance!

After some troubleshooting (without any real results) I restarted both the eBus coupler and my openhab2 instance, which solved the ‘not getting’ any data issue.

Hi,

I connected today the same ebus coupler you have to my wolf cwl 300 ventilation unit.
There is some fine tuning with a screw in order to get the level adjusted.
I connected a telnet client to the port 5000 of the ebus coupler, there is continuous stream coming in which is not readable, so I am not sure if I adjusted the level the right way.
Can you give me a hint how I can verify that the ebus coupler is setup the right way

Hi

I initially configured the eBus using windows and the configuration tools
from eservices…

hi,
What configuration you did?
I connected the gateway to the ethernet and it got the IP over DHCP. I connected the ebus line from gateway to the ventilation unit and the led started dimmed flashing (like dimmed light).
I then connected to the gateway over telnet port 5000 and the only I get are unreadable charters (like carets), from time to time I get readable chars. Adjusting the level screw left and right just stops dimmed flashing and no garbage comes in.

What did I forget to configure?
Do I need some configuration from the tool?

The eBUS protocol is a binary protocol. You should use a terminal program like realterm that displays hex values. Than you can adjust your adapter until you see many 0xAA hex values.

That was the right suggestion. Now I see the 0XAA Values with embedded other HEX values.

Great, thanks.