Echo Binding - PlayMusicCommand results in Bad request

Hi,

OpenHab 2.3 on RasPi 3 with the 2.3 Version of the Amazon Echo binding with an Echo Dot.
The whole echo binding works like a charm, but when I want to send commands to the item linked to the binding’s PlayMusicVoiceCommand, i am getting the following error:

018-07-28 23:39:35.111 [ERROR] [nal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler] - An error occurred while calling method 'ThingHandler.handleCommand()' on 'org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.handler.EchoHandler@a84e39': POST url 'https://alexa.amazon.de/api/behaviors/operation/validate' failed: Bad Request
org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.HttpException: POST url 'https://alexa.amazon.de/api/behaviors/operation/validate' failed: Bad Request
	at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.Connection.makeRequest(Connection.java:404) [259:org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol:2.3.0]
	at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.Connection.makeRequestAndReturnString(Connection.java:286) [259:org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol:2.3.0]
	at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.Connection.playMusicVoiceCommand(Connection.java:904) [259:org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol:2.3.0]
	at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.handler.EchoHandler.handleCommand(EchoHandler.java:267) [259:org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol:2.3.0]
	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor378.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:153) [101:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.oh230]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.InvocationHandlerSync.invoke(InvocationHandlerSync.java:59) [101:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.oh230]
	at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy177.handleCommand(Unknown Source) [259:org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol:2.3.0]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.profiles.ProfileCallbackImpl.handleCommand(ProfileCallbackImpl.java:75) [108:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing:0.10.0.oh230]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.profiles.SystemDefaultProfile.onCommandFromItem(SystemDefaultProfile.java:49) [108:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing:0.10.0.oh230]
	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor276.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:153) [101:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.oh230]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.Invocation.call(Invocation.java:53) [101:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.oh230]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]

The Item definition is the following:

String  Echo_Dot_LivingRoom_PlayMusic {channel="amazonechocontrol:echo:41d408e1:G090LF1181752CXT:playMusicVoiceCommand"}

I am sending a command to this item from the following rule:

rule "Testrule"
	when 
		Item TestSwitch received command
	then
		Echo_Dot_LivingRoom_MusicProvider.sendCommand("Amazon Prime Music")
		Echo_Dot_LivingRoom_PlayMusic.sendCommand("Eric Clapton")
	end

So i don’t see what i am doing wrong here.
TTS works fine without any problems.

Does anybody else use this feature without any problems?

1 Like

same here using Echo Dot v2

openhab-cli info
Version: 2.5.0 (Build)

What I don’t understand. How may one update this (or any other) bindung?
And how do I get the version of the current installed bindung?
Is it possible to update a bindung?