Ecobee - New security Dec 2020 - No longer pulling some things

Thanks. So, I believe this channel (and all other channels with group type events) is only updated if an event is active (e.g. temperature hold). In your case, is there an active event?

Take a look at the channels on the sensor thing, not the thermostat thing.

Was just looking at that, Mark. Thanks. Appreciate the replyā€¦

Sure. Sorry for the delayed response. I was pretty far behind in catching up on forum posts. Sometimes real life gets in the way. LOL

Iā€™d be curious to get your opinion on how well that sensor channel works for determining occupancy. Iā€™ve never used it (I use the Unifi binding for that), so I never really looked at how well it works.

If it works well, I might add a section about it in the docs.

No worries at allā€¦

Yes, my goal is to federate some Unifi data, Ecobee Data and sadly, Nest Data, as well as time of day to try to calculate occupancy in different parts of our property. COVID driving occasional work and school from home is really making it difficult. Pretty sure by the time I get it working right things will be back to normal, which I guess is why I want to get it workingā€¦ LOL.

Should this binding be pulling the weather forecast? Mine stopped working the last day of January, but I am only now starting to build out views in MainUIā€¦

Yes, but only if you have an item linked to one of the channels in the weather channel group. It does this to avoid needlessly requesting the weather forecast data (which is very large) from the Ecobee API.

ahh, great. I missed that and probably removed mine when I was cleaning up/renaming items for this binding a few weeks backā€¦ thanks!

Yeah, I figured thatā€™s what it was. It happens all the time. I really need to change the binding to check if any of the forecast group channels are linked, in addition to the weather group channels. :wink: