Ecobee Thermostat (fork off @Singal11)

How did you install the actions?

The links in the original post are the most recent for everything.
If you don’t have the binding or action working for Ecobee I’m not sure how the widget will react.

You can install the biding and action though the paper UI, but note that there is extra steps involved after installation to verify pin within a given time period. The original post has links for each documentation.

Re: Slider (not visible)

Does anybody have any ideas why my slider for temp isn’t visible?

I’m running an Ecobee 4 with OH 2.4 using the native Ecobee 1.x bindings via PaperUI.

openhab> list -s | grep ecobee
261 │ Active    │  80 │ 1.13.0                 │ org.openhab.binding.ecobee
293 │ Active    │  80 │ 1.13.0                 │ org.openhab.action.ecobee

Capture

Best, Jay

it looks like maybe your tile is too small?
The remote sensor text should be on the same background as the temperature

First off, thank you @RedOranges for creating a very nice widget.

As of 10.19.19 - the widget on the first post has some requirements to be aware of.

1. The remote sensors must be named the same name as the example items listed below; the names are hard coded in the widget and they go up to 5 sensors. I ended up modifying the names to suit my naming standard (have 2 Ecobee’s so needed 2 different names)
//First item in sensor list is the real thermostat
Number ET_mainThermostat_temperature    "Downstairs [%.1f °C]"      (ET_gRemoteSensors) { ecobee="<[123456789012#remoteSensors(Downstairs).capability(temperature).value]" }
Switch ET_mainThermostat_occupancy      ""                          (ET_gRemoteSensors) { ecobee="<[123456789012#remoteSensors(Downstairs).capability(occupancy).value]" }
//Remote sensor 1
Number ET_Remote_1_temperature          "Girls' Room [%.1f °C]"     (ET_gRemoteSensors) { ecobee="<[123456789012#remoteSensors(Girls Room).capability(temperature).value]" }
Switch ET_Remote_1_occupancy            ""                          (ET_gRemoteSensors) { ecobee="<[123456789012#remoteSensors(Girls Room).capability(occupancy).value]" }
//Remote sensor 2
Number ET_Remote_2_temperature          "Boy's Room [%.1f °C]"      (ET_gRemoteSensors) { ecobee="<[123456789012#remoteSensors(Boys Room).capability(temperature).value]" }
Switch ET_Remote_2_occupancy            ""                          (ET_gRemoteSensors) { ecobee="<[123456789012#remoteSensors(Boys Room).capability(occupancy).value]" }
//Remote sensor 3
Number ET_Remote_3_temperature          "Parents' Room [%.1f °C]"   (ET_gRemoteSensors) { ecobee="<[123456789012#remoteSensors(Bedroom).capability(temperature).value]" }
Switch ET_Remote_3_occupancy            ""                          (ET_gRemoteSensors) { ecobee="<[123456789012#remoteSensors(Bedroom).capability(occupancy).value]" }
  1. If you use any sort of mapping for the HVAC Mode (i.e. heat = Heating, etc.) then the slider will NOT display. I had to modify the widget to look for “heat” || “Heating” for the slider to appear.
String 		UpS_settings_hvacMode 								"HVAC Mode [MAP(hvac_status.map):%s]"

Best, Jay

Hi Jay,

Thanks for bringing that up, I personally have separate rule/item files for each widget I use to avoid this very problem. It causes duplicate items but each is specific for a widget to avoid sharing and possibly retooling when there is an breaking change in a given widget.

So I’m having terrible trouble getting this to work. All I get is NULL on everything. I have installed the Rules and Items and I think I changed the Ecobee ID correctly. I’m using an Ecobee 3 Lite. I have connectivity to it through Paper UI.

There are specific instructions to activate the ecobee api for the binding.

Did you succeed in that? https://www.openhab.org/addons/bindings/ecobee/

@RedOranges,

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes I did. However, I have this strange issue showing up where now I have two versions of the binding showing up in Paper UI. I installed ver 1.x from the command line and it no longer shows there but it won’t go away in Paper UI.

@RedOranges,

Is there any way to get two instances of this working for a single instance of OpenHab? I have two EcoBee thermostats and would like to have both on either a single Habpanel or separate Habpanels.

Hi. I’m trying to use this widget in Habpanel, and having a small issue. (Didn’t in OH2.4, do in 3.0)

If the widget’s option for “Use Celsius?” is populated it produces:

{{%.1f’ | sprintf:itemValue(config.temperature)}}

If the value is not populated, then where the current temperature should be, it is just not displayed. Any thoughts on why this may be? (The degree and holding box is also missing the temp)

1 Like