ECONNREFUSED Error When using tuya-mqtt with lightbulbs

Hello Everyone!
I have recently taken on the hobby of building my own home automation setup using openhab with this old computer i was handed down that i repurposed, and so far it’s a really fun and exciting learning process!
Currently, I recently bought some feit electric smartbulbs I’ve been working with to try and set up with openhab using tuyapi and tuya-mqtt. I feel like I’m REALLY close to getting these lightbulbs to work, but I’ve run into a strange issue that I don’t know how to solve on my own and can’t seem to find other similar issues or solutions posted anywhere else. Because I’m new to a lot of this, and new to linux, I’m not sure where along the pipeline has caused the error i’ll post below. So please bear with me on everything, but I’m eager to learn and I can gladly provide any further information if i haven’t provided something important.

Goals: Trying to be able to change tuya lighbulb states to at least on/off using the obenhab basic ui.

Process: after installing tuyapi and tuya-mqtt (and i believe i updated the tuyapi package in tuya-mqtt’s package.json), I was able to retrieve the localkey, ip, and id of all my lightbulbs by going to another computer that has a wifi adapter and have been testing out one of them. I put the information into my mqtt broker in openhab and run tuya-mqtt.js. note my current openhab machine is running specifically on ethernet. I have an external wifi adapter coming into the mail to test and see if that is where my potential issue lies.

Error: when running DEBUG=* node tuya-mqtt.js, things seem to be working fine, until i go to my basic ui and when I attempt to change the lightbulb switch I get this debug error in terminal:
TuyAPI:mqtt MQTT-Server nicht verbunden. +0ms TuyAPI:mqtt Verbindung mit MQTT-Server hergestellt +12ms TuyAPI:mqtt receive settings {"topic":"tuya/lightbulb/XXX/XXX/XXX/command","action":"command","message":"OFF","options":{"id":"XXX","key":"XXX","ip":"XXX","type":"lightbulb"}} +8s TuyAPI:device Search device in network +0ms TuyAPI IP and ID are already both resolved. +0ms TuyAPI:device Device found in network +9ms TuyAPI Connecting to XXX... +14ms TuyAPI Error event from socket. XXX { Error: connect ECONNREFUSEDXXX:6668 at TCPConnectWrap.afterConnect [as oncomplete] (net.js:1107:14) errno: 'ECONNREFUSED', code: 'ECONNREFUSED', syscall: 'connect', address: 'XXX', port: 6668 } +10ms TuyAPI:device:error Error: Error from socket TuyAPI:device:error at Socket.client.on.err (/etc/openhab2/scripts/tuya-mqtt/node_modules/tuyapi/index.js:365:30) TuyAPI:device:error at Socket.emit (events.js:198:13) TuyAPI:device:error at emitErrorNT (internal/streams/destroy.js:91:8) TuyAPI:device:error at emitErrorAndCloseNT (internal/streams/destroy.js:59:3) TuyAPI:device:error at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:63:19) +0ms TuyAPI:mqtt:error { error: TuyAPI:mqtt:error Error: Error from socket TuyAPI:mqtt:error at Socket.client.on.err (/etc/openhab2/scripts/tuya-mqtt/node_modules/tuyapi/index.js:365:30) TuyAPI:mqtt:error at Socket.emit (events.js:198:13) TuyAPI:mqtt:error at emitErrorNT (internal/streams/destroy.js:91:8) TuyAPI:mqtt:error at emitErrorAndCloseNT (internal/streams/destroy.js:59:3) TuyAPI:mqtt:error at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:63:19), TuyAPI:mqtt:error device: TuyAPI:mqtt:error TuyaDevice { TuyAPI:mqtt:error type: 'lightbulb', TuyAPI:mqtt:error options: TuyAPI:mqtt:error { id: 'XXX', TuyAPI:mqtt:error key: 'XXX', TuyAPI:mqtt:error ip: 'XXX', TuyAPI:mqtt:error type: 'lightbulb' } } } +0ms TuyAPI Socket closed: XXX +24ms TuyAPI:device Disconnected from device. lightbulb (XXX,XXX, XXX) +41ms TuyAPI:device delete Device lightbulb (XXX, XXX, XXX) +0ms

Current Specs that is running the processes:
Linux Mint 20 v.4.6.6
intel core 2 duo CPU E6400 @ 2.13Ghz x 2
3.8GB RAM
1TB HDD
intel corp. 82q963/q965 integrated graphics controller

Does anyone know what could be casuing this error or what I could be doing wrong/forgotten down the line? I’m not sure why I’m getting this econnrefused error, it almost looks like the bulbs aren’t letting me change the state even with the correct information. they haven’t been removed or reset since i linked them to my wifi, so their localkey shouldn’t have changed.
If anyone has any idea on what’s going on, and could point me in the right direction, that would be greatly appreciated! thank you all so much!