Ecotouch Binding Update - Users wanted for testing the new version

Hi everyone,

I created a pull request for the ecotouch binding. See here: https://github.com/openhab/openhab1-addons/pull/5181

It contains three new values for the Ai1 Air. Also I made some changes to the documentation ( e.g. state mappings).

I’m looking for someone that uses the existing ecotouch binding and would be willing to give the new version a try. Perhaps @hartwig or @halloween ?

Thanks

2 Likes

Can you give me a jar file for testing?

As there is no “official” way of providing artifacts for addons I uploaded the jar here:
https://www.magentacloud.de/lnk/1wzLieh9

I added these three new event types to the binding. I think they are for A1i Air models only. So if you have a Geo your existing configuration should work like before but you probably cannot use the new values:

• temperature_surrounding
  • temperature_suction_air
  • temperature_sump

See here for details.

Also I had to slightly changes the way the values are calculated from the raw data.
Let me know how it works for you. Thanks!

I moved your file to the addons folder of my OH2 Installation, after that i uninstalled the ecotouch binding inside the paper UI. But after reboot ecotouch binding is still “installed” in Paper UI.

How can i check, if this is the new manually added binding or the official binding? And how can i remove the Paper UI Installation of the binding?

EDIT: Had to remove “ecotouch1” from the addons.cfg - now i can test the new binding.

Is working so far, i get values. But i can´t test your new values, i have the geo-version.

Can you add some more values to the binding? Or can you test this values, maybe you can help me, identifying it?

A96	*** ??? Akt. Soll-Heizungs-RL-Temp???

A434	??? *** irgendwas mit COP Wärmepumpe aktueller Monat
A435	??? *** irgendwas mit COP Gesamtsystem aktueller Monat
A438	***** vermutlich aktiver Monat % therm Arbeit Verdichter
A439	***** vermutlich aktiver Monat % elektr Arbeit Quellenpumpe
A440	***** vermutlich aktiver Monat % elektr Arbeit Heizstab
A441	***** vermutlich aktiver Monat % therm Arbeit Heizung
A442	***** vermutlich aktiver Monat % therm Arbeit WW
A443	***** vermutlich aktiver Monat % therm Arbeit Pool

A453	*** ???  nvoSnlDo7   -   Schaltausgang Kühlung (A453 ist vermutlich Druckfehler in der Anleitung)

A460	*** vermutlich AZ Wärmepumpe akt. Jahr
A461	*** vermutlich AZ Gesamtsystem akt. Jahr

A467	*** vermutlich Energiebilanz aktuelles Jahr % Heizung
A468	*** vermutlich Energiebilanz aktuelles Jahr % WW
A469	*** vermutlich Energiebilanz aktuelles Jahr % Pool

A691	*** ??? Vermutlich akt. Monat COP Heizung

A693	*** ??? Vermutlich akt. Monat COP WW

A791	*** vermutlich aktueller Monat kwh Verdichter oder Gesamt

A827	*** vermutlich aktueller Monat kwh Verdichter oder Gesamt

A839	*** vermutlich aktueller Monat kwh Heizung
A851	*** vermutlich aktueller Monat kwh Warmwasser
A887	*** vermutlich aktueller Monat kwh Gesamt

Especially the last three values would be very nice to be integrated, i write down all my important values from power meter, heating pump, water meter and so on to a excel list, and this values are the last three values from the heating pump, which i can´t read out with openhab.

Maybe you can have a look at it?

Ok, will try. But this might take some days until I come around to do it.
B.t.w: Where do you got this list from?

Thanks for testing!

I was in contact with the initial programmer of this binding. He gave me a small python script, which made a txt-file with all available values every minute, so i could figure out many values by myself. I simply compared the values with the values from the touchscreen-interface.

I also have a list from waterkotte (manual for knx-extension-card or modbus-extension-card), where many common values are described, but not all, i searched many values on my own.

I can give you the python script, if you want and also give you the email-adress of the initial programmer. He´s from germany too, so you can write in our native language with him.

I tested the new values with my geo also and get 0,0°C - so the binding and the new values are working.

I added those last three values as:

• statistics_power_heating_monthly
  • statistics_power_water_monthly
  • statistics_power_total_monthly

So you could do:

Number HeatPump_stat_heating_monthly  "kWh Heizung [%.1f kW]" <energy> (Heatpump) { ecotouch="statistics_power_heating_monthly" }
Number HeatPump_stat_water_monthly  "kWh Warmwasser [%.1f kW]" <energy> (Heatpump) { ecotouch="statistics_power_water_monthly" }
Number HeatPump_stat_total_monthly  "kWh Gesamt [%.1f kW]" <energy> (Heatpump) { ecotouch="statistics_power_total_monthly" }

On my heatpump these values are just 0. So I’m not sure in which format the values will be…

You can find the new artifact here:
https://www.magentacloud.de/lnk/mHzrC983

Yor binding seems not to work with the new values.

I have read out the values manually and i get this:

#A839	S_OK 
192	2800

#A851	S_OK
192	901

#A887	S_OK
192	3701

The last values in the line (under the S_OK) are the given values. That you have to divide: 2800 / 10 = 280,0 kwh

I think, the naming “stat” is not right here, because there is also a real statistic with % of heating, % of warmwater and so on. Maybe the right name would be something like “sum_actual_month”.

There is also a value for sum of actual year and the same with % of actual year…

I have looked into my heatingpump-values once more, it seems the values i gave were not the actual month, it was the month directly.

How long do you have your heatingpump? Maybe there are still no values, because it is new.

Here is a part of the correct values:

A832	 Vermutlich März kwh Heizung
A833	 vermutlich April kwh Heizung
A834	 Vermutlich Mai kwh Heizung
A839	 vermutlich Oktober kwh Heizung

A844	 Vermutlich März kwh WW
A845	 Vermutlich April kwh WW
A848	 Vermutlich Juli kwh WW
A851	 vermutlich Oktober kwh Warmwasser

A880	 Vermutlich März kwh gesamt
A881	 Vermutlich April kwh gesamt
A882	 Vermutlich Mai kwh gesamt
A884	 Vermutlich Juli kwh gesamt
A887	 Vermutlich Oktober kWh Gesamt

and so on…

Now is may, so in the field july i get the values from the july 2016.

Your binding seems not to work with the new values.

Which values are you currently getting from the binding for statistics_power_heating_monthly, statistics_power_water_monthly and statistics_power_total_monthly?

It looks like it would be required to provide all month and the “current” month as a convenient method that checks the calendar and selects the correct tag.

I’m also thinking about providing a way to just pass the tag you want to read to the binding. This way you could read whatever you want - regardless of the heatpump type. This would be a different thing to do - perhaps together with the original developer of the binding. I’d like to go ahead with the current pull request though. For everything else a new branch can be started.

I tested all three new values, but all stay at “-”. I don´t get any value.

To get the consumption of the current year, you are right, it seems that there is no extra value for that. So you have to calculate it with the montly values from january to the current month, but this shouldn´t be a big problem.

Did you check your events.log & openhab.log? You can find them under /userdata/logs in your openhab directory.

In the openhab.log you should see “EcoTouch Refresh Service has been started” when you put the binding into add-ons for the first time. Also errors from the binding should show there.

In events.log you should see updates to the items. Like this:

[ItemStateChangedEvent     ] - HeatPump_stat_total_monthly changed from 1704.7 to 1704.8

(It’s just an example. The values I’m getting seem to be something else or wrongly formatted.)

Update: I’ve run the script against my pump. It makes no sense that common functionality (like energy consumption) would be dependent on the model (e.g. air vs. geo). I’m afraid they changed it for newer firmware versions.

I know the logs.

I get many errors in openhab.log like this:

2017-05-18 09:07:49.785 [ERROR] [el.item.internal.GenericItemProvider] - Binding configuration of type 'ecotouch' of item 'HeatPump_stat_heating_monthly' could not be parsed correctly.
org.eclipse.smarthome.model.item.BindingConfigParseException: item 'itemName' tries to bind to 'statistics_power_heating_monthly', which is unknown - please check your *.items configuration
	at org.openhab.core.binding.internal.BindingConfigReaderDelegate.validateItemType(BindingConfigReaderDelegate.java:39)[181:org.openhab.core.compat1x:2.1.0.201705081517]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.model.item.internal.GenericItemProvider.internalDispatchBindings(GenericItemProvider.java:325)[124:org.eclipse.smarthome.model.item:0.9.0.201705081821]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.model.item.internal.GenericItemProvider.internalDispatchBindings(GenericItemProvider.java:298)[124:org.eclipse.smarthome.model.item:0.9.0.201705081821]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.model.item.internal.GenericItemProvider.processBindingConfigsFromModel(GenericItemProvider.java:184)[124:org.eclipse.smarthome.model.item:0.9.0.201705081821]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.model.item.internal.GenericItemProvider.modelChanged(GenericItemProvider.java:352)[124:org.eclipse.smarthome.model.item:0.9.0.201705081821]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.model.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl.notifyListeners(ModelRepositoryImpl.java:286)[123:org.eclipse.smarthome.model.core:0.9.0.201705081821]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.model.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl.addOrRefreshModel(ModelRepositoryImpl.java:120)[123:org.eclipse.smarthome.model.core:0.9.0.201705081821]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.model.core.internal.folder.FolderObserver.checkFile(FolderObserver.java:244)[123:org.eclipse.smarthome.model.core:0.9.0.201705081821]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.model.core.internal.folder.FolderObserver.processWatchEvent(FolderObserver.java:315)[123:org.eclipse.smarthome.model.core:0.9.0.201705081821]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.service.WatchQueueReader.run(WatchQueueReader.java:211)[99:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.9.0.201705081821]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)[:1.8.0_131]

Ah, your binding does not provide the new tags.
Are you sure you installed the new binding from here: https://www.magentacloud.de/lnk/mHzrC983 ?

Anyway it will be better to provide a generic way to access tags. This would be a new feature request I guess.

If you want to get rid of the errors you just have to remove the item definition in the meantime.

I downloaded it again and now it works… Strange. It was the same file.

Thanks.

Can i open this feature request? I don´t know what to do?

So which values are you getting now?

To open a new feature request you have to go to GitHub. Take a look at the one I opened:

After that someone can implement the new feature.
I think it can be done with providing the exact AXXX or IXXX tag to the binding “link” (the last part of the item definition in curly braces). One would have to look at other bindings as examples (e.g. the KNX binding).

I now get the 3 statistic values you added last. This are the monthly values from october.

I made copy/paste of your last post to the new issue. I hope this is ok…

Hello,

I´m trying to use tag I1291 - manual_tankpump “Speicherentladepumpe”, but i believe it is the wrong tag for it…
It returns always 2 which should mean it is in Auto mode, even when I change it manually in the heating system to Off or On.

Has anybody successfully switched this yet?

I need it to control the cooling in the house (just the heating pump is not strong enough) as unfortunately it seems to only be “Auto” Controlled during heating but not during cooling :frowning:

Here is some additional Information (in german):

Maybe someone kann add the new tags to the binding or enhance the binding to accept self defined tags.