Editing YAML to change conditional visibility of Equipment in Location & other Various Model Space Questions

Hey probably a fairly simple question but how do I get to where I can edit the YAML of a specific location page? As an example, I have Family Room set up as a location. I get to it via Locations >> Family Room Card and I see everything thats in that location. I want to hide some of the equipment / properties that are in that room.

I know that I can go here and click Edit YAML

but all I see is this. not the individual equipment in the room. For example can’t add conditional visibility for a property.
Screenshot 2023-10-23 at 11.04.09 AM

Here’s a snippet for whats in the room.

The lists for the location cards are created dynamically, there is no direct yaml for what is listed and what is not. You have two options for controlling what appears there.

1. If you don’t want to see the item in the location card, consider whether you really need that item as a part of your semantic model or not. Not all items need to be added to the model. If there’s no other reason (e.g., habbot) then just remove the item from the model (remove it from its semantic parent group and delete its semantic tags).

2. You can accomplish this by means of the default list item widget metadata. If you go to the item details page of the item you want to hide, there in the metadata list, if Default List Item Widget is not already visible then click Add Metadata. In the wizard that loads, you will be asked to select a widget that is displayed whenever this item is included in a list. You may select whatever you want since you are going to not show it. Near the bottom of that page you will see:

Fill in false

Got it! Thank you! I am going to explore making my own pages soon but for now I’m just trying to customize the locations page.

My goal was, for example to hide the TV Volume, Mute, Channel, etc only when the TV is off and I did that by inserting the following code in that ‘Visibility’ section:

=items.LGWebOSTVOLED65C8PUAPower.state === 'ON'

Is there a way to re-order or to choose the order of lights (points) inside a piece of equipment in the auto-generated room locations page?

There is another built-in metadata you can use called Default Widget Order Index that you can assign to an item.

Got it. One more question:

The Card from my Weather Station (this is a location) is displaying the temperature in Celsius when it should be displaying it Fahrenheit.

Its taking the temp from this item:

Number:Temperature     WeatherCompanyObservationsCurrentTemperature            "Outside Temp [%.0f °F]" <garden> (PersistWeather, zWeatherStationTemp) ["Measurement","Temperature"]                {unit="°C", channel="weathercompany:weather-observations:e6921ee8eb:be9fa1e782:currentTemperature"}

My regional settings are for US and Imperial Units and its successfully converting the temp when i view the Point:

What do i need to change to fix this?

Also,

I cant seem to get the item history graph to load correctly. It seems to show the items current state, but not its previous history.

See the below picture.

I know that the history is being recorded through InfluxDB because I have it tracking on grafana

Your help is appreciated. Also if you would prefer that i make a separate thread for each question, i will. I i was just trying not to clutter up the message boards.

thanks in advance for the help!

The unit metadata on your item is in Celsius. Only your state formatting includes the conversion to Fahrenheit. What this means is that the state of the item is always in C. If the item recieves a command that is in some other unit it converts it to C, if it gets a command without a unit it assumes the unit is C, and it always has a state that is in C. By setting a state formatter, you have told the item that there are time when the state of the item is displayed that you want to see the value converted into F.

The badges on the location cards, however, work directly from the states of the items, the display state is not taken into account here because the value is averaged if there are multiple appropriate points.

At the moment, I don’t think there’s a direct way to address this issue. You should consider filing an issue on the UI repository to make the UI devs aware of the problem.

In the meantime, there is an awkward work around that will probably work. You can create an additional item that is linked to the same channel but set the new item’s unit to F instead of C and add a profile to the link that converts the C from the channel to F. Then you can add this extra item as a direct member of the location group. In nearly all cases points should only be members of equipment and not locations, but a temperature point is the one exception to this rule. If there is a single temperature item as the direct child of a location, that point will be used for the temperature badge of a location card.

The UI will use the default persistence for all of its auto analyzer charts. It sounds like you haven’t actually set InfuxDB as your default. Got to SettingsPersistence to make sure you have InfluxDB as the default.

In the future, it’s better if distinct questions get their own thread. Follow-up questions on the same topic should stay in the same thread. This isn’t so much about the number of posts as it is about making it easier for future users to find the answers they need if they search for the same questions.

1 Like