Editors for rules, scripts and code not working

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: Intel X64
    • Java Runtime Environment: Zulu Java 11
    • openHAB version: 3.2.0

Hi,

I recently upgraded from 3.0 to 3.2. Everything is working visually, but I have a strange problem.

Editors for rules, scripts and YAML code are not working. When I open the code for a page (for example), I see a large white rectangle and am not able to type into it. Same for scripts. If I try to edit one of my existing rules, I don’t even get the white screen - the page just hangs (i.e. the back button does not let me leave the page).

Since all the problems are related to editors, I assume the problems are related to each other. Which jar files handle the editing of rules/scripts/code? That would at least give me a place to start investigating.

Thanks

None of them. That’s all in the UI which is JavaScript.

Do you have the same problem with the “Code” tab on non-rules stuff like Things or Widgets? Do you have the same problem with Custom Widgets?

I assume you’ve restarted the browser (just to make sure it’s not a browser problem).

Any errors in the logs?

Hi Rich,

Thanks for the reply.

After struggling with this for several days, there was an embarassingly simple solution. Using Shift-F5 to force a reload of the page seemed to solve this. Thanks again.