I am migrating a SmartThings setup I did for my grandmother (86 years old) to openHAB and was just wondering if anyone else was using it in a similar way. Here is stuff I am using it for:
- Notices when someone is at the front or back door
- Motion lights outside after sunset
- Motion light in interior hallway that gets no sun
- Audible reminder to take medicine
- Notification to family members if no motion in hallway (i.e. her leaving her bedroom) by 10 a.m.
- “Night mode” that will sound alarm if front door or back door is opened between certain hours
Is anyone else given thought to helping an elderly relative?