I have not succeeded in getting nor the Elelabs USB dongle or the shield ELR 023 to work in a stable manner with my Raspberry Pi 3. The problem seems to be that the coordinator setup does not survive a power reset reboot, it then displays a Error-communication . The reason (with the ELR 023 shield) seems to be, as per the log “Serial Error: Port [/dev/ttyAMA0] does not exist”
To isolate any other reasons, I have (for the ELR 023 shield), in the following sequence:
- Done a fully clean reinstallation of OpenHAB 3.3.0 on my Raspberry Pi 3, with nothing else configured
- Disabled the serial console
- Moved the bluetooth to miniUART
- Installed the OpenHAB Zigbee binding add-on
- Created an Ember Coordinator Thing - all working well and going online
- Rebooted the device through “sudo reboot” several times - the coordinator coming back online without problem
- Rebooting the device by repowering the device - the coordinator reports a communication error
- Subsequently rebooting the device through “sudo reboot” does NOT making the coordinator come back online anymore.
Worth to note is that /dev/ttyAMA0 does no longer show up as a serial port option when the error occurs, and OpenHAB has to be completely reinstalled to get it working again.
I have approached Elelabs customer support with several emails, but no answer, and they only have an outdated installation guide published. I would be most grateful for any support the community or @Elelabs can help me with.
The full chronological sequence of log data and full system spec can be found in the enclosed file.
Log clean install Elelabs.pdf (210.8 KB)