Emerson Sensi Thermostat

Oh I didnt realize that new versions of openhab broke bindings. Thats not good

Im trying to get my Emerson Sensi thermostat linked to OpenHab. Is there something else that you use now?

I do not use my thermostat with OpenHAB any more. Sorry.

Any pointers on how to get it working?

Do you have the 2.5 addons building? If you do, I could share the wink code on github and then see if you have better success.

I have emailed Sensi on more than one occasion asking if they’d support things like openHAB commercially, but they just say they’ll forward to their developers…and I guess they just throw it out. :frowning:

Yeah I want to get the termostat connected so Ill give it a go. Not sure what you mean by 2.5 addons building though.

I was talking about going thru the development setup and getting everything compiling. I had this working for the older release, but I cannot get it working with the latest release. In theory if we can get things compiling successfully, we should be able to add the wink code into the structure and build it so it will work again.

I could be interested in collaborating if there are some others who want to try and pick this up together.

I could likely throw 10-15 hours at it and see if it is fruitful.

Hello @openhab2 Gadget Guy,

I could not get past my dependency issues. I was failing for android.net very similar to this post.

Unable to resolve org.openhab.binding.netatmo/2.5.0.201907090725: missing requirement [org.openhab.binding.netatmo/2.5.0.201907090725] osgi.wiring.package; filter:=“(osgi.wiring.package=android.net)”]]

I tried a few different things, but I was unable to resolve it.

I put my code in its current state on GitHub here. This was previously building properly under openHAB 2.3.x. I tried to get it building on the latest 2.5.x without success.

It would be great if you could see what I am doing wrong.

Thanks,
Joel