Enabling persistence when running from eclipse

Hi there,
it’s me again. I’ve been trying for days to get started with developing a persistence addon. My idea was to just copy the mqtt persistence addon and get started from there. Therefore, I wanted to debug into the store method of the mqtt persistence addon to just get a feel for what’s happening. However, the store method (this is the method where the actual persisting is done if I am correct) never get’s called. I am truly in despair by now. Here is what I have tried:

1. I have ticked the mqtt stuff in the “Run as… configuration”. The activate method of the mqtt-persistence get’s called now.

2. I have created the file mqtt.persist in the smarthome repo in the folder /distribution/smarthome/conf/persistence/ with the following content:

// persistence strategies have a name and a definition and are referred to in the "Items" section
    Strategies {
    	// if no strategy is specified for an item entry below, the default list will be used
    	default = everyChange
    }

/* 
     * Each line in this section defines for which item(s) which strategy(ies) should be applied.
     * You can list single items, use "*" for all items or "groupitem*" for all members of a group
     * item (excl. the group item itself).
     */
    Items {
    	// log all temperatures on every change
    	* : strategy = everyChange
    }

I had hoped that this would cause the store method to be executed on every Item change. However, when debugging, I can see ItemStateChangedEvents but the breakpoint within store is never reached.

1. Since that didn’t work, I also created a persistence folder and files in the openhab-addons-1 repository in /distribution/openhabhome/conf/persistence/ and in /distribution/openhabhome/configurations/persistence/

2. I also set the configuration parameters (broker, topic, etc.) directly in the source code since I also didn’t know where to place the mqtt-persistence.cfg and I wanted to exclude this as an error source.

It is still never reaching the store method. If someone could tell me what I have to do to get it to work I would be extremely grateful. All I want to do is set the whole thing up so that I can run Openhab from eclipse and debug into the store method of the mqtt-persistence addon (and later my addon) to get a feel how it all works.

Thank you!