Energi Data Service Binding [4.0.0.0;4.1.0.0)

I have provided a new version here for 4.0.x:
org.openhab.binding.energidataservice-4.0.4-SNAPSHOT.jar

This version includes the latest refinements of support for reduced electricity tax - the README is here:

Reduced electricity tax is now supported in two ways:

• Thing configuration: Used for thing action calculations.
  • Channel: Used by users by preferring reduced channel over the normal channel.

I don’t think it makes much sense to switch between the two rates when meter hits 4000 kWh.

When you are entitled to the reduced rate, it can relatively safely be assumed that the heating itself will consume those 4000 kWh. So for anything else, it would make sense to use the reduced rate. However, this is now entirely up to the user and can be considered a matter of preference.

Let me know what you think of this solution.

1 Like

I like the idea. But after I have spend a few days thinking whats best option. I have come to the conclusion, thats it all depends on, what the user want to use the info for.

My electricity company calculate my household will consume 333kWh/month with full price, and the rest will be calculated with reduced price, not matter if I use 333kWh/month or not. (12/4000kWh).
In a year my whole household consumes >12.000kWh, (I have an electric car, which consume alot). So their calculation is fair enough. But its impossible to calculate to show the correct price in each hour.

Exactly. That’s why I have implemented it this way. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Great job with the binding! :slight_smile:

I have a problem getting the Transmision Tarrif. It is just undef. Dont know if this is the right way to comment on it.

I am using “Vores Elnet” with GLN “5790000610976”. I have been debugging a bit, and it seems like a problem with the request to the energidataservice api.

I have mananaged to make a query that resolves the right values for my installation. I think there is a problem when using the filter-option / parameter “start” in the query.

The request for the right values is https://api.energidataservice.dk/dataset/DatahubPricelist?offset=0&limit=0&filter=%7B%22GLN_Number%22:[%225790000610976%22],%22Note%22:[%22Nettarif%20C%20time%22],%22Description%22:[%22Nettarif%20C%20flex%22]%7D&sort=ValidFrom%20ASC

Here you need to find the right period with “ValidFrom” “2023-12-31” and ValidTo “2024-02-01”.

Its really strangely undocumentet the use of the energidataservice api, so I understand why it is hard to work with. Maybe you found some better info than me, or just figured it out.

If I in any way add the parameter “start” to the request. I will not get the right period shown. So maybe you need to just remove it and iterate though the data to find the right dataset?

I can of couse solve it manualy, but it would be of greater value just to be able to use this great binding. :slight_smile:

Best
Michael

Hi Michael, thanks!

I assume you mean grid tariff (nettarif in Danish). :slight_smile: The default filter for Vores Elnet is defined here:

When I created that filter, the tariffs were defined day by day, so it was needed to provide such a limiting filter. Providing start of year, for example, back then, would have resulted in 365 records per year, so it exceeded the number of records allowed resulting in truncation at 200 records, IIRC. It seems that they changed something (for the better), so we can now use a fixed cut-off date, 2023-12-31.

You can configure the channel to get this fixed immediately:

Here you can override the query start date:

I will update the filter in the binding so this manual configuration won’t be needed in the future.

Hi Jacob

That was fast response, Thx! :slight_smile:

Yes, I mean grid tariff. Just seen too many “electricity-words” lately. :slight_smile:

Did’nt see that I could actually config the channel with these values - Nice touch! I have tried changing the value, and it worked like a charm.

Once again, Thx!

It seems like from February the default filter will start working again, since the prices are again published day by day:
https://api.energidataservice.dk/dataset/DatahubPricelist?filter={"ChargeType"%3A["D03"]%2C"GLN_Number"%3A["5790000610976"]%2C"ChargeTypeCode"%3A["TNT1009"]%2C"Note"%3A["Nettarif+C+time"]}&start=2023-12-31

So for the time being I will not update the default filter, since changing it into a fixed cut-off date will not work well when there are many records (i.e. day by day) as previously mentioned. So I would advise to use the custom filter provided above until February and then see if it will start working again without the channel configuration.

From 01.04.2024 there is no data in the nettarif channel with default setup. I got it working again by changing the Note custom field.

EnergiDataService has changed the note from “Nettarif+C+time” to “Nettarif+C”

Default url that does not work

And the url with values from 01.04.2024.

Maybe you should change the default behavior?

Thanks for reporting this. I’ll update the Radius tariff filter.

Some of you may have noticed service outage between 12th and 15th of April. This exposed a few things in the binding that could be improved. I created this issue to keep track of it, and all is included in 4.2: